Fine pitch M30x2.0 nut source?

Have a Square D joystick with no hardware.

The threads are apparently FINE PITCH 30 mm, probably 2.0 pitch. Regular M30x3.5 mm hardware jams.

Any sanely priced source of mounting nuts or bezels?

--
Many thanks,

 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Don Lancaster

Get yourself over to either the model engineering or metalcraft newgroups. There will be plenty of helpful people who could turn one up on a lathe for you, even if they haven't already got one.

JB

Reply to
JB

Why not just drop it in a hole and put a plastic tiewrap on the back to keep it in place?

The old solution is to hand-chase a soft metal (brass) in a lathe. Good luck finding a craftsman who remembers how to do this as a simple one-off, though.

Reply to
whit3rd

The tiewrap would have to go on the front and not the back. Not something an eBay buyer would like to see.

--
Many thanks,

 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Don Lancaster

M30 is bigger than an inch in diameter.

The first number is the diameter, and the second is the length.

DOH!

Reply to
Archimedes' Lever

Lots more ...

 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Fred Abse

Turns out the "regular" 30 mm pushbutton nuts are really 30x1.5 and the joystick ones are 30x1.0. The 1.5's are easy to find. The 1.0's seem impossibly difficult.

There are apparently FOUR different 30 mm threads. Regular nuts at 3.5 pitch, fine pitch ones at 2 pitch, usual pushbutton jam nuts at 1.5 pitch, and square D joystick nuts at 1.0 pitch.

Since the single joystick is unlikely to sell for more than $89 on eBay (its list price is $500), putting much more than five dollars into the hardware would not be cost effective.

We have a strict policy of no unhappy customers. I am open to a quick cash offer before I put this one on the Alvin pile.

--
Many thanks,

 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Don Lancaster

ISO 30mm dia. threads are 3.5 and 2mm. The fine ones can be difficult to find.

There are *lots* of others, most obsolete, thank God, like the infamous "French Auto" fasteners that managed to survive WW2 for a while.

So much for metrication bringing standardization :-(

 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Fred Abse

I don't know about sane pricing (the Schneider site shows that joystick at over $300), but 30mm barrels are apparently common to joystick and a line of pushbuttons from Square D. They do sell some hardware spares for these.

The online catalog is less than totally helpful, of course; you'd want to contact a local distributor who knows the interconnections. Ask about type K, 21426 family round hardware.

Reply to
whit3rd

Get a different joystick. Cheaper and easier in the long run.

Reply to
Archimedes' Lever

I wonder if this is the same size/pitch as the nuts used on 30MM proximity switches.

Under sensors->inductive prox->cables and accessories, they sell the 30 X

1.5 hex nuts.

GXM3PD2013 HEXNUTS F 30MM PROXIMITY SENSORS - PK OF 6

$10.25

Or if you know anyone that works at a job as an industrial electrician they probably replace 30MM prox switches and throw either the new or old nuts away.

RogerN

Reply to
RogerN