Finally, Solution to Curing Air Pollution FOUND!

Finally, Solution to Curing Air Pollution FOUND!

...Jim Thompson

 Click to see the full signature

I've never understood why so many people want lawns. I had one once and hated it.

Particulates *are* nasty.

 Click to see the full signature

We've generally assigned a 10' x 10' area of grass for the dogs to romp around on... and the owls to shower when the sprinklers are running ;-)

As for maintenance I think I last mowed a lawn about 40 years ago. ...Jim Thompson

 Click to see the full signature

What our dog doesn't destroy I mow with an electric mower. Have two of them, a 1980s Flymo and slightly more modern wheeled machine.

I would LOVE to ban leaf blowers and other two-stroke machines. Nasty things that seem to make more work (and take more time) than if the workers simply used large rakes!

John

Reply to
John Robertson

You can chop up those leaves with a mulching mower and return those nutrients to the soil as well as improving the microbiome and provide habitat for insects that feed birds. It's dumb to rake leaves unless you compost them.

Reply to
bloggs.fredbloggs.fred

There are other things beside lawns like fields and pasture. Another huge waste is all the recreational vehicle activity, and that includes small aircraft, boats, as well as off road junk like ATVs.

Reply to
bloggs.fredbloggs.fred

Jim-out-of-touch-with-reality-Thompson never actually reads the articles to which he posts links. His residual attention scan is scarcely up to absorbing the head-lines, and perfectly incapable of extracting what is actually being said.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to

There are people out there actually having FUN!

That's awful, I'm sure you agree.

 Click to see the full signature

Almost every house around here has its own swimming pool... none of that community pool nonsense >:-} ...Jim Thompson

 Click to see the full signature

Lawns consume CO2, and slow down anthropogenic global warming (though not to any great extent). One can understand why John Larkin might have been less than enthusiastic.

One can have fun without trashing the environment, but you do need to know more than John Larkin to be able to identify non-damaging and non-polluting activities.

Redneck hygiene makes that a prudent choice.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to

I enjoy mowing the lawn.. mostly trails. It gives me an excuse to drive the tractor around. My son usually beats me to it, we pay him to mow and he likes money. :^)

I let the leaves decompose where they fall, except we have to get them away from the sides of the house, and the gutters of course. But I don't live in the suburbs.

George H.

Reply to
George Herold