Ferrite rod, side by side or in line

snipped-for-privacy@ieee.org wrote in news:706af1d3-292d-404c-ac7a-fec2f11ef376 @googlegroups.com:

No, dumbfuck, but the power supplies that feed them do, and that is what causes poor performance.

You have no clue how they are constructed.

Ours have the lowest leakage in the industry.

Reply to
DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno

snipped-for-privacy@ieee.org wrote in news:706af1d3-292d-404c-ac7a-fec2f11ef376 @googlegroups.com:

picoamps.

Your brain leaked out decades ago.

Reply to
DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno

snipped-for-privacy@ieee.org wrote in news:706af1d3-292d-404c-ac7a-fec2f11ef376 @googlegroups.com:

Sorry, chump, but it does leak. You simply do not know what takes place.

Reply to
DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno

snipped-for-privacy@ieee.org wrote in news:706af1d3-292d-404c-ac7a-fec2f11ef376 @googlegroups.com:

No perhaps about you being a stupid bastard.

Reply to
DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno

snipped-for-privacy@ieee.org wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@googlegroups.com:

The NIST, the NOAA and the military all work hand in hand and your claims are about as lame as it gets.

Reply to
DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno

snipped-for-privacy@ieee.org wrote in news:94ba1d63-32e9-4fc9-b0e0-89c1dd598583 @googlegroups.com:

You are a lying piece of shit. Nobody ripped anybody off and if I were to do so it would be your body from your head.

Reply to
DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno

snipped-for-privacy@ieee.org wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@googlegroups.com:

You would not even have the device you posted your horseshit on if it were not for the US military. Much less this forum to do so on.

Reply to
DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno

snipped-for-privacy@ieee.org wrote in news:33265551-5ad3-4f57-b7d5-87e8250513d6 @googlegroups.com:

FUCK you. If you are unfamiliar with that term, you have no business even being in this group.

Reply to
DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno

The gain of a photomulitplier is proportional to something like the eighth power of the supply voltage, so photomultiplier power supplies have to be well filtered to keep any ripple on the output away from the tube itself. It's not rocket science.

You couldn't be more wrong.

Whatever you mean by leakage. When you talk about 3pF of "leakage" you make it obvious that you don't know what you are talking about.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to

It's beginning to look as if you never had one.

The current down a dynode chain tends to be set to be somewhere between 10uA and and 100uA. A couple of picoamps of leakage isn't going to matter.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to

e.

It doesn't leak enough to matter. You do seem to think that a couple of pic oamps of leakage could be important (though you didn't know enough to speci fy the voltages required to drive that much leakage) which does suggest tha t you haven't got a clue on the subject.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to

They may work hand in hand, but they do very different jobs, which makes your claim decidedly lame.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to

In your opinion, which doesn't seem to be worth worrying about.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to

Then so was Eisenhower.

A sublimely intellectual argument.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to

This is a hypothesis. One of the less plausible ones you have posted.

Americans do have lots silly ideas - that they won WW2 for everybody else, and that they invented computers and world-wide web. Reality is a little mo re complicated than that, but the US education system doesn't seem to equip them to cope with complicated ideas.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to

So you don't know the words on which the acronym is based? Can't say that I'm surprised.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to

snipped-for-privacy@ieee.org wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@googlegroups.com:

Bullshit.

EVERY rack is composed of parts from various vendors.

The rack, the power distribution, the rack modules... All the way down the line.

Even when I built every module that went into the rack, the UPS, and the power distribution and the rack itself were off the shelf items. Nobody out there fabricating their own racks. You make up shit every time you open your mouth.

Reply to
DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno

You are a full bottle on your own experience, which does seem to be rather narrow.

The Cambridge Instruments S.360 electron microscope had it's electronics ra ck-mounted into what was nominally a VME bus, but adjusted to cope with the peculiar requirements imposed by electron microscopes.

My electron beam tester had a signal processing rack which we filled with o ur own triple-extended Eurocards plugging into a very fast backplane (that I'd designed) that carried an ECL parallel bus amongst other stuff.

The plugs and sockets were DIN-41612, but mixed signal parts with coax conn ectors in the circular holes - critical timing signals (like the 800MHz clo ck) went from board to board on conformable coax cable. I'd originally want ed semi-rigid, but conformable cables were good enough.

We did buy in the metal-work - endplates and rails - but put them together ourselves.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to

snipped-for-privacy@ieee.org wrote in news:33265551-5ad3-4f57-b7d5-87e8250513d6 @googlegroups.com:

Dumbfuck. The US military bought thousands of them long before a dope like you ever even saw one. None of them were "mil spec" idiot. That is not what the remark referred to. They drove them by providing them with millions in profits from sales, and also drove design changes and the creation of advanced options for them. You really are one lost pup.

Reply to
DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno

Customers drive product development, at least in excellent companies, if you believe Tom Peters

Sadly, he though that IBM was excellent.

The military aren't particularly wonderful customers. The military does fund projects that stretch the state of the art, and presumably Tektronix sold to them, but Bell Labs did that too, and bought a lot of Tek scopes.

Your delusions about how US military spending shaped the modern world seems to reflect an unfortunate immersion in a company that sold only to the US military.

My experience suggests differently.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to