Ferrite rod, side by side or in line - Page 3

Re: Ferrite rod, side by side or in line
snipped-for-privacy@ieee.org wrote in

  You have no clue how a product which uses modular elements works.

  A rack full of gear rarely has components loaded in it all from the
same maker.

  You also appaerntly have no clue what goes into the making a modern
circuit card assembly either.

  Here's one...

  If I buy a single computer, I get the cheapest price if I have them
max it out at the factory than if I buy a big RAM upgrade after I get
the box and do it myself because the upgrade RAM sticks are outrageously
priced.

  However, buy a xeon server blade from HP in qtys of a thousand or so.
Then buy enough RAM to upgrade them all and install it in house and end
up cheaper than having them do it because you get that RAM at the right
price.

  You are truly clueless, and deluded about folks ripping off the
government all the time.  You should go see a psych, child.

Re: Ferrite rod, side by side or in line
On Wednesday, October 17, 2018 at 3:44:16 PM UTC+11, DecadentLinux...@decad

I wonder why DLUNO thinks that. It's the kind of unsupported claim that sui
ts his rant, but it's totally implausible.

It doesn't have to, but a lot of them do.

That claim would surprise pretty much everybody who ever employed me.

<snipped DLUNO posting obvious stuff that everybody knows>

If you have got as old as you are without working out that military procure
ment is a device for government to rip off the taxpayer for the benefit of
the military-industrial complex (who pay kick-backs to the politicians in g
overnment) you really are truly clueless. Psychiatrists can't do much about
 stupidity.

Eisenhower complained about it in 1961, but you still haven't got the messa
ge.

https://www.foreignaffairs.com/reviews/capsule-review/1981-09-01/baroque-ar
senal

Mary Kaldor was more forthright in 1981.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney

Re: Ferrite rod, side by side or in line
snipped-for-privacy@ieee.org wrote in news:94ba1d63-32e9-4fc9-b0e0-89c1dd598583
@googlegroups.com:

You are a lying piece of shit.  Nobody ripped anybody off and if I were to
do so it would be your body from your head.

Re: Ferrite rod, side by side or in line

Then so was Eisenhower.

A sublimely intellectual argument.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney

Re: Ferrite rod, side by side or in line
snipped-for-privacy@ieee.org wrote in

You would not even have the device you posted your horseshit on if it were
not for the US military.  Much less this forum to do so on.

Re: Ferrite rod, side by side or in line
On Wednesday, October 17, 2018 at 6:18:21 PM UTC+11, DecadentLinux...@decad

This is a hypothesis. One of the less plausible ones you have posted.

Americans do have lots silly ideas - that they won WW2 for everybody else,
and that they invented computers and world-wide web. Reality is a little mo
re complicated than that, but the US education system doesn't seem to equip
 them to cope with complicated ideas.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney

Re: Ferrite rod, side by side or in line
snipped-for-privacy@ieee.org wrote in

Bullshit.

  EVERY rack is composed of parts from various vendors.

  The rack, the power distribution, the rack modules...  All the way
down the line.

  Even when I built every module that went into the rack, the UPS, and
the power distribution and the rack itself were off the shelf items.
Nobody out there fabricating their own racks.  You make up shit every
time you open your mouth.

Re: Ferrite rod, side by side or in line
On Saturday, October 20, 2018 at 1:09:33 AM UTC+11, DecadentLinuxUserNumero

You are a full bottle on your own experience, which does seem to be rather
narrow.

The Cambridge Instruments S.360 electron microscope had it's electronics ra
ck-mounted into what was nominally a VME bus, but adjusted to cope with the
 peculiar requirements imposed by electron microscopes.

My electron beam tester had a signal processing rack which we filled with o
ur own triple-extended Eurocards plugging into a very fast backplane (that
I'd designed) that carried an ECL parallel bus amongst other stuff.

The plugs and sockets were DIN-41612, but mixed signal parts with coax conn
ectors in the circular holes - critical timing signals (like the 800MHz clo
ck) went from board to board on conformable coax cable. I'd originally want
ed semi-rigid, but conformable cables were good enough.

We did buy in the metal-work - endplates and rails - but put them together
ourselves.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney

Re: Ferrite rod, side by side or in line
snipped-for-privacy@ieee.org wrote in news:5f4f5523-b40a-4504-ab19-
snipped-for-privacy@googlegroups.com:

  No, dumbfuck...  waiting for very differnet restrictions to be lifted.

Re: Ferrite rod, side by side or in line
snipped-for-privacy@ieee.org wrote in

  You are a true idiot.

  By what you say Fluke charges too much for a simple DVM.

  The simple fact is that they do not.

 I suggest you figure out what COTM really means.

  And even before that.  Back when the mil need drove the industry.

  How the fuck do you think Tektronix ever got where they are?

  Military electronics drove the economy in this nation for a long time.

Re: Ferrite rod, side by side or in line

How do you work that out?

The last big DVM I got bought was from Thurlby-Thandar, not Fluke.

Fluke were charging more for much the same specification ...

https://acronyms.thefreedictionary.com/COTM

It might help is you spelled out the acronym.

Never did. The military never bought enough to do that.

By making good oscilloscopes. The ones I used weren't mil spec.

Twaddle. Bell Labs and communications electronics had more to do with it, and RCA (in the US) and EMI (in the UK) had a lot to do with it, satisfying the public demand to be entertained.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney

Re: Ferrite rod, side by side or in line
snipped-for-privacy@ieee.org wrote in news:33265551-5ad3-4f57-b7d5-87e8250513d6
@googlegroups.com:

  FUCK you.  If you are unfamiliar with that term, you have no business
even being in this group.

Re: Ferrite rod, side by side or in line

So you don't know the words on which the acronym is based? Can't say that I'm surprised.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney

Re: Ferrite rod, side by side or in line
snipped-for-privacy@ieee.org wrote in news:33265551-5ad3-4f57-b7d5-87e8250513d6
@googlegroups.com:

  Dumbfuck.  The US military bought thousands of them long before a dope
like you ever even saw one.  None of them were "mil spec" idiot.  That is
not what the remark referred to.  They drove them by providing them with
millions in profits from sales, and also drove design changes and the
creation of advanced options for them.  You really are one lost pup.

Re: Ferrite rod, side by side or in line

Customers drive product development, at least in excellent companies, if you believe Tom Peters

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/In_Search_of_Excellence

Sadly, he though that IBM was excellent.

The military aren't particularly wonderful customers. The military does fund projects that stretch the state of the art, and presumably Tektronix sold to them, but Bell Labs did that too, and bought a lot of Tek scopes.

Your delusions about how US military spending shaped the modern world seems to reflect an unfortunate immersion in a company that sold only to the US military.

My experience suggests differently.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney

Re: Ferrite rod, side by side or in line
snipped-for-privacy@ieee.org wrote in

  The NIST, the NOAA and the military all work hand in hand and your claims
are about as lame as it gets.

Re: Ferrite rod, side by side or in line

They may work hand in hand, but they do very different jobs, which makes your claim decidedly lame.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney

Re: Ferrite rod, side by side or in line
Bill,

If you would so kindly, stop feeding the trolls.

Thanks,
Tim

--
Seven Transistor Labs, LLC
Re: Ferrite rod, side by side or in line
I need to bridge a gap

Re: Ferrite rod, side by side or in line

shunning efficiency will likely increase costs.

TDK B67366A1X27 under half a buck at QTY10, under a quarter at QTY1000

needs more glue than the ferrite rods?

--
  Notsodium is mined on the banks of denial.

Site Timeline