Fast linear ramp

John Larkin Highland Technology, Inc

lunatic fringe electronics

That's a better, more simple, circuit than your post of the same name, dated 2012. Rather than over-write, I renamed it Fast_Ramp_2. The BUF602 is one of the top performers, and low Iq as well, in our x-Chapter fast buffer table, and costs under $2, qty 100. Can you tell us how well this ramp works? Scope pics?

--
 Thanks,
    - Win

Here it is tweaked a bit. It will be part of a test set, and will be mightily reviewed, so the details will probably change. There is a violent argument over the exact time ranges. Certain barbarian engineers don't even want time ranges.

Yesterday's innovation was to use the other half of the 2G06 as a range switch, and bootstrap its open drain. That may add a small hop at the start, which is OK here.

The bootstrap thing with the BUF602 is new, but the basic 2G06 ramp thing works. I'll post the actual ramp when it's built.

I might let one of the kids breadboard this bootstrap thing as an educational exercize. It will probably work so I'd just go directly to the PCB.

The problem with most all fast ramps is ringing at the start. And linearity of course. Here's my test:

lunatic fringe electronics