Farnell.com UK Website woes

I wish Farnell would sort out their bloody website.  It's all but
unusable at the moment. www.uk.farnell.com
Pretty much constant 'waiting for uk.farnell.com..' in browser status
Even tried doing some ordering over the weekend when assumed the server
load would be lower but still sluggish even then

Re: Farnell.com UK Website woes

Seemed fine when I clicked on it here (the US).  Maybe the problem is on your end?  Does digikey load fast?

George H.

Re: Farnell.com UK Website woes
Yep, Digikey and other sites seemed fine.  Did a bit of Googling and one
suggestion was to go to Chrome Advanced settings and do 'reset
settings'.  This seemed to fix it!

Re: Farnell.com UK Website woes

Same for me but it opens fine in explorer.... :(

---

Re: Farnell.com UK Website woes
The Farnell website waits while www.googleadservices.com and
googleads.g.doubleclick.net do their thing.  Other times is has
been waiting for ages while Facebook waits to load its icon
for "likeing" the product.

For some insane reason Farnell put their website at the mercy of
lots of different companies, often in the USA.  If there are
problems reaching any of those services their website becomes
unusable.  I have complained to them about this and it did get
better for a while.  Originally they would not load anything
until the ad services had finished loading which led to each page
taking 2 minutes to load when one of them was broken.  They
changed it to allow parallel loading which is less bad.

I hate it when I get loads of adverts for products I have just
bought - or just looked at.  They must waste so much money on
annoying their customers.
John

Re: Farnell.com UK Website woes

Complain on twitter, that seems to annoy them into action.

Site Timeline