Farnell.com UK Website woes

I wish Farnell would sort out their bloody website. It's all but unusable at the moment.

Pretty much constant 'waiting for uk.farnell.com..' in browser status Even tried doing some ordering over the weekend when assumed the server load would be lower but still sluggish even then

Reply to
Richard Jones

Seemed fine when I clicked on it here (the US). Maybe the problem is on your end? Does digikey load fast?

George H.

Reply to
George Herold

Yep, Digikey and other sites seemed fine. Did a bit of Googling and one suggestion was to go to Chrome Advanced settings and do 'reset settings'. This seemed to fix it!

Reply to
Richard Jones

Same for me but it opens fine in explorer.... :(

TTman

The Farnell website waits while

and googleads.g.doubleclick.net do their thing. Other times is has been waiting for ages while Facebook waits to load its icon for "likeing" the product.

For some insane reason Farnell put their website at the mercy of lots of different companies, often in the USA. If there are problems reaching any of those services their website becomes unusable. I have complained to them about this and it did get better for a while. Originally they would not load anything until the ad services had finished loading which led to each page taking 2 minutes to load when one of them was broken. They changed it to allow parallel loading which is less bad.

I hate it when I get loads of adverts for products I have just bought - or just looked at. They must waste so much money on annoying their customers. John

Reply to
jrwalliker

Complain on twitter, that seems to annoy them into action.

Reply to
Chris Jones