Far out scales, man!

You were herded to it here first...

Reply to
DLUNU

This better be good.

Reply to
Junco

The JACS paper is locked, but important papers like this should not be.

--
 Thanks,
    - Win

Would you like a copy?

Reply to
JM

Be interesting to see how this idea explains the difference in delocalised electron charge distribution between carbonyl/ketone groups and CO molecules. That's my personal acid test. If it can handle that, I'd certainly look into it further.

 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Cursitor Doom

It's unlikely to help with that - it seems to be all about atoms rather tha n molecules.

Why the triple bond in the carbon monoxide molecule (or a metal carbonyl) s hould look much like the double bond in an aldehyde or a ketone (let alone a carboxylic acid) is the sort of question that somebody like Cursitor Doom would ask - presumably he got misinformed about it in sixth form (final ye ar secondary school) and hasn't learned anything about it since then.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to

Thanks, I'm fortunate to have access, but many are not. Well, at least they made an image of the table available.

--
 Thanks,
    - Win