fairly OT : glass doors

[...]

I had the same experience so far but with he cheaper lamps from Costco. AFAIR it the Feit brand. Radio noise like Ingvald set is a problem though since I like to listen to AM and shortwave.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/
Reply to
Joerg

Ya well, I am not that interested in whether it's 30W, 27W or 33W. Main thing is that it is a lot less than incandescent. CFL were not an option in that chandelier because they didn't make them small enough.

Other than that CFL and LED are fairly similar in efficiency but many LED bulbs are not dimmable.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/
Reply to
Joerg

I have some dimmable LED lights in my house, but they can't be dimmed so very much before they start to flicker.

My hallway is pitch black at night in the absence of artificial lighting, so I installed a couple of discrete LEDs in bezels

run off a small transformer, full wave rectified, but no smoothing (to eliminate capacitors). They run all the time. Works and looks fine.

Sylvia.

Reply to
Sylvia Else

We've had a bunch of LED nightlights running for at least ten years. They run all the time and work like a champ. I think they were a couple of bucks each.

Reply to
krw

snip

The suggestion was more toward insuring that the dimmer itself is not wasting anything.

Reply to
Long Hair

Then it would have to be warming a little which it doesn't. It remains completely cold. Of course, these things will mess up the power factor.

[...]
--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/
Reply to
Joerg

LEDs are so good now, you could make a 10-year night light that runs on batteries.

 Click to see the full signature

Outlets are even easier. Buying beats making.

Reply to
krw