Fading LEDs

User interface faux pas: First it was blue LEDs that were put in everything; they were usually run too bright as well so you had to put a piece of electrical tape over the power indicator on your DVD player if you didn't want what looked like a laser shooting you in the eye while you tried to watch a movie.

Manufacturers seem to have moved away from putting them in everything but there's a new silly thing that's popular, the "fading LED":

Even the power button and interior lighting of my car does this; I think it looks chinsy and they seem to always skimp out on the number of PWM bits so you can usually see stepping/zippering in the intensity. If done well on lighting meant to resemble incandescents it can emulate a bulb's thermal inertia - it usually isn't

Reply to
bitrex