ExpressPCB layouts to Eagle

Is there any way to convert an ExpressPCB layout (*.PCB) to something that Eagle can use? Say, "trace" the drawing and use the X,Y of each traced line,etc to create either instructions for "autodraw" to Eagle, or (better yet) Gerbers for PCB fab? They want something like $50 for each set of Gerbers.

Would print to PostScript printer/file be useful for starters?

Reply to
Robert Baer

Thought about it a bit; nasty way to get those lines,etc would be to print to a HPGL plotter [file], as WinDoz supports the plotter as a printer. So..the problem is reduced to converting HPGL to Gerber.

The BabyBird, GooGull gives:

[HP2GBR reads Hewlett packard's plot file format (HPGL) and converts the plotter commands into Gerber photoplot code. The program is ideal for converting plot ...]

[Quantity: Please refer to Readme.txt file to carry out bank transfer. Please send the next "order sheet" to e-mail address described at the last of this HP.]

Reply to
Robert Baer

I'm not quite sure what you are trying to do, but in the past I used GC-prevue to look at gerbers.

George H.

Reply to
George Herold

IIRC, ExpressPCB does not create gerbers as its output.

You send them your design files and they charge you for gerbers.

Reply to
hamilton

Or, apparently, send them $50 (more-or-less for the use of their free software) and they'll unlock and send you the Gerbers so you have the option of going elsewhere to purchase your boards.

Reply to
Spehro Pefhany

Not relevant, READ what i asked. I need to CONVERT *TO* gerber!

Reply to
Robert Baer

ONE: I have no Gerbers, i now have HPGL from my ExpressPCB layouts. Conversion simple,quick and zero monetary cost.

TWO: We all know this and also know they want a lot of money for EACH AND EVERY one; it can get very expensive after a while.

So.. THREE: i want to convert from HPGL to Gerber. A simple,inexpensive way of doing that would benefit some others on this NG.

Reply to
Robert Baer

this:

and import into eagle?

-Lasse

Reply to
Lasse Langwadt Christensen

  • Impossible to download DOS version as username and password are required, and no way is given to register for that. They seem to not want to answer queries.
  • Mostly Gerber viewers, some can convert to HPGL (wrong direction). One or two *might* be able to convert HPGL to Gerber, but it is not clear and those require $$$$.
Reply to
Robert Baer

Might be something here if you can find a converter for hpgl to dxf (search for hp2xx, I think it does that), I didn't read it all:

and
I also found a 2005 thread asking the same question that you responded to :-).

Robert Baer wrote:

  • Impossible to download DOS version as username and password are required, and no way is given to register for that. They seem to not want to answer queries.
  • Mostly Gerber viewers, some can convert to HPGL (wrong direction). One or two *might* be able to convert HPGL to Gerber, but it is not clear and those require $$$$.
Reply to
Carl Ijames

Google "express pcb file converter" found this first hit (and 24,000,000 other hits):

Maybe it will work for you.

Reply to
hamilton
** snipped to make aioe happy **

THAT sounds *perfect*! Will check it out. Much Grass.

Reply to
Robert Baer
** snipped to keep aioe happy **

Impossble:

1) Cannot login to comment, and NO way to register for that. 2) No code available that i cold find. 3) "C" and i do not get together; cannot use "C" so must be pre-compiled; maybe for DOS or Win98SE or Win2K (i no longer support Win95, WinME, OS/2 or Win3.11)?

Help please?

Reply to
Robert Baer

Thanks! Maybe..Have XP SP2 on a HD; i think i can dig out XP SP3 - if not, will install on Win7 if still have that on a HD.

Reply to
Robert Baer