Even odd Q factor for microstrips

Could some electronics guru here point me to a good reernce on even - odd Q factor expressions for microstrips ? Pozar's book does not provide much information. Thanks in advance for your help.

Reply to
dakupoto

Pozar is unintelligible to me. Some basic things take six pages of equations. It would take me days to program one of those, and surely I'd make a mistake somewhere. We use e/m simulators.

Are you asking about the difference between odd and even propagation modes? Or the Q of microstrip resonators?

--

John Larkin   Highland Technology, Inc   trk

jlarkin att highlandtechnology dott com
http://www.highlandtechnology.com

I fully understand even/odd propagation modes, characteristic impedances, capacitances and loaded/unloaded Q for microstrip resonators.

I came across a paper online recently, that mentions even/odd Q for parallel microstrips, and I could not understand what they meant.

BTW, Pozar's old textbook is very useful, and I have a large number of working C modules that implement the design equations for directional couplers, parallel microstrip filters etc.,

Reply to
dakupoto