EV Charging: Let It Be Free

On Wednesday, April 3, 2019 at 2:49:53 AM UTC+11, snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrot e:

te:

Except that the left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing.

Some degree of "centralisation" is vital otherwise the the rebellious US co lonies would have stuck with their articles of association, rather than goi ng over to 1788 constitutiuon.

Except that each one of them is designed to draw power from a 120V 60Hz sou rce, which is a choice that was oringinally made a some central point or ot her.

Centrally agreed standards are a neceesary part of the system.

The USA went for system where most people's interests got represented. It w asn't democratic representation when it was first set up, and while it is n ow closer to democratic, other systems do better.

"Individual freedom" is what's left over after the necessary country wide c onsistencies have been imposed. The rule of law inhibits individual at the point where it starts interfering with the freedom of others.

Your enthusiasm for "individual freedom" is a rhetorical claim which happen s to ignore the way the way the US - and every other advanced industrial so ciety actually works.

You tried to discourage people from doing that on the totally spurious basi s that you'd summarised the content. It's a lie.

People need to agree on sets of rules that apply to everybody. These are la ws. America was founded on the idea that more or less sensibly selected represe ntatives of the local population could do a better job of writing these rul es then the English government. The educated population wasn't the whole po pulation back then, and initially you had to own property before you could vote for your locla representative.

He's gullible enough to fall for what gets posted on climate change denial sites. You agree with those sentiments, but since the Koch brothers pay for quite a lot of climate change denial propaganda you may not be as sincerel y deluded as he is.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to

This morning, out the door, I saw my nextdoor neighbor pulling away in his shiny new white Tesla, so we chatted for a moment in the middle of the street. He got it because he's a save-the-earth greenie, and he hates it. He says it does what it wants, not what he wants it to do.

It was making a weird whiny noise, pretty loud, as he backed out. That's what got my attention.

Just reporting.

 Click to see the full signature

Yes, Tesla made a car that needs repairing. Amazing. I guess EVs will never work.

--
  Rick C.

  -+++ Get a 1,000 miles of free Supercharging
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
gnuarm.deletethisbit