EV Charging: Let It Be Free - Page 7

Re: EV Charging: Let It Be Free
te:
e:
ctric-vehicle-tax-credit/
d the $7,500 federal tax credit for electric cars and tax them even more in
stead.
new bill to remove the federal tax credit cap for EVs and expand it to 2022
.
ll EV vehicle tax credits for the rich, and provides charging credit for th
e poor instead.  All charging stations should be free.
 First, the EV purchase tax credit is not about benefiting the end user so
much as simply reducing the price of the vehicles so they can be sold durin
g the ramp up period when costs are still high.  This seems to have been wo
rking with a new auto company founded solely producing EVs and the rest of
the major auto companies announcing new models to be on the road in a year
or two.  The only "defect" in the law is that it has a quantity cap for eac
h manufacturer.  Tesla has used their full tax credits and will have used t
he remaining credits this year I believe.  At that point they will be at a
disadvantage, coincident with trying to roll out a new model Y.  Not so goo
d for anyone.
e US until some date regardless of company.  This will encourage early adop
tion while maintaining a level playing field.
g the poor.  It is about getting EVs off the ground now rather than waiting
 another 20 years.
 make all EV charging free, will that include at home?  Make the utility co
mpany pay for your EV charging?
ations from charging for them, because there is no alternative.  I am talki
ng about free air, water and electron in public facilities.  When you are o
n the road, you have no choice but to pay whatever they charge.
 the opposite effect of slowing down productions.  The less you produce, th
e higher your bargaining power with the rest of your credit.  But to balanc
e the elimination of vehicle credit, we have to give in something.  Free ch
arging is one option.
 of any sort.
y stopped.  No one is going to make them start again.
buying market share.  To be truly free, it has to be free and fair for ever
ybody equally.  Their supercharging scheme is the opposite of free market.
chargers as you want and charge whatever price you feel is fair.  Since you
 think it should be free, why not build your own network and charge nothing
?  That is the best possible idea as far as I can see.  What's stopping you
?
 gods (congress) to make it happen.

Huh?  If you are willing to pay the electric bill and will back that up wit
h something substantial, I will pay to put in the charger and make that hap
pen!

--

  Rick C.

  +-- Get a 1,000 miles of free Supercharging
Re: EV Charging: Let It Be Free
On Fri, 29 Mar 2019 06:51:30 -0700 (PDT), snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com

This morning, out the door, I saw my nextdoor neighbor pulling away in
his shiny new white Tesla, so we chatted for a moment in the middle of
the street. He got it because he's a save-the-earth greenie, and he
hates it. He says it does what it wants, not what he wants it to do.

It was making a weird whiny noise, pretty loud, as he backed out.
That's what got my attention.

Just reporting.

Re: EV Charging: Let It Be Free

Yes, Tesla made a car that needs repairing.  Amazing.  I guess EVs will never work.