EV Charging: Let It Be Free - Page 3

Re: EV Charging: Let It Be Free

Do you think you are telling us anything we don't already know?

--

  Rick C.

  --+- Get a 1,000 miles of free Supercharging
Re: EV Charging: Let It Be Free
On Sun, 31 Mar 2019 12:23:04 +0000 (UTC),

It's a discussion group, and I have opinions.

I'm often right because I post about things I know, or look them up
first.

Actually, no. I speak and drive and act very politely in real life.
Newsgroups have different dynamics from real life.

I'm sure you're not a brutal cursing raging insulting jerk in real
life, like you are here. You're just a big sweetie.

lunatic fringe electronics

Re: EV Charging: Let It Be Free

OMG!  You continue to blather on when you have been shown to be wrong.  I'm
 not sure that makes you an idiot, but it is a close call.

What's really interesting is that you state it is a "discussion group" so y
ou are free to post your opinions, yet you continually call out others for
not discussing electronics.  You certainly are two faced.  No, you can't be
 two faced.  If you were, you'd be wearing the OTHER one.

Lol!!!  Pot, meet kettle.

--

  Rick C.

  --++ Get a 1,000 miles of free Supercharging
Re: EV Charging: Let It Be Free

  Really?  So your bashing of NASA and the Space Shuttle Program, and
the ISS are you acting "very politely in real life"?

  This newsgroup is quite real, dingledorf.

Re: EV Charging: Let It Be Free
On Sun, 31 Mar 2019 15:03:06 +0000 (UTC),

It saddens me to see brilliant people killed for no reason, that's
all.

NASA's unmanned scientific stuff is great. It could be so much better
if hundreds of billions weren't wasted on the ISS.

lunatic fringe electronics

Re: EV Charging: Let It Be Free

  You seem to have a problem with folks being in space.

  You got religigous issues, Johnny?

 You think the Earth is flat?

Re: EV Charging: Let It Be Free
On Mon, 1 Apr 2019 05:36:47 +0000 (UTC),

It's not sustainable. One year in space ravages a body. Radiation
damage accumulates, and might be lethal on a trip to Mars. There's
nothing being done in ISS that robotic instruments couldn't do better
and much cheaper. Actually, ISS isn't doing much but demonstrating how
hostile space is.

There's nothing very interesting on the moon, and robots can
investigate that anyhow. Sustaining human life on Mars is impossible
with current technology.

I don't like to see good people die.

Earth is an amazing place. One could imagine that is was designed for
life, and for human life. Space is cold and hard and lethal. Why do
the Enterprise and the Millenial Falcon always have air and gravity no
matter how much they are shot up? They make space travel look like
fun.

Do you have a rational argument for sending people into space? How
many schoolkids were inspired by seeing Christa McAuliffe killed in
real time?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christa_McAuliffe#Disaster_and_aftermath

lunatic fringe electronics

Re: EV Charging: Let It Be Free

  Stick me in a can and kick it that way and we'll find out.  I am
ready.  I have no one keeping me here, and have been alone for
years, so no problem there.  Give me a computer with VLC player and
stream me new movies and I'll be fine.  If something breaks, I can
fix it...  I'm an electronics dude.

  If I die, then we'll know.  If I turn thin like a gray, then we'll
know.  If I turn gray, like a gray, then we'll know.

  Better to send me, than the guys they have spent hundreds of
millions investing in.  I am far cheaper and just as capable of
determining some critical factors for their trip.

  Put me in a cheap airbag ball contained landing craft, and if I
make it through the trip segment, be sure to send along some food.

  Boost from a platform in space in a craft assembled in space.
Or send me along with a spaceX self landing booster modified to set
me down on the surface.

  I am ready, right now.

  We also find out if an old fogey can do the job.

Re: EV Charging: Let It Be Free
On Mon, 1 Apr 2019 15:36:00 +0000 (UTC),

My wife just read a book by an astronaut; I'll check it out. It sounds
disgusting. Even the ex fighter pilots keep getting sick and spraying
various body fluids everywhere. Simple daily functions are very messy
and smelly. It stinks in the ISS. Returning astronauts are so weak
they can't stand up on their own, and some are damaged for life. Their
vision deteriorates in space, brains and joints malfunction, and in
zero-g body fluids redistribute in the wrong places.

Doesn't sound like an adventure.

lunatic fringe electronics

Re: EV Charging: Let It Be Free

  I'm an old man.  I need to have my body fluids redistributed.

  Maybe I'll just move to Australia.

Re: EV Charging: Let It Be Free

I hope you're good on the monkey-bars. We all have to hang on here, or
we'd fall off.

Re: EV Charging: Let It Be Free

I watch a lot of Australian TV shows and I'm pretty sure that's not true.  But then they can fake a lot of stuff on TV.

--

  Rick C.

  -++- Get a 1,000 miles of free Supercharging
Re: EV Charging: Let It Be Free

Sure. The sky is a full of kangaroos heading off into low earth orbits.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney

Re: EV Charging: Let It Be Free
snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote in

You have to watch it from an inversion table if you are in the
northern hemisphere.

Re: EV Charging: Let It Be Free

I figured you guys all hung out at the park, playing chess from your
inversion tables.

Re: EV Charging: Let It Be Free

  Instead of Mars, send me to the Moon.  I'll set up a base in the
shade of a crater rim at the edge of the dark side.  You'd be amazed at
the thinking I have put into a moon base.  We could even have a golf
course one day...  enclosed, of course.

  The Gray Dust Crater Bowl Country Club.

Re: EV Charging: Let It Be Free

  Do you know who Nobel was?

 Mankind marches ahead one step at a time.

  It is never intentional that such steps should cost a man (or
woman) his (or her) life, regardless of his or her goodness level.
However that gets measured by those thinking it needs measuring.
Folks' goals typically ignore the measure of potential peril...  or
I should say historically.  I watch what I am doing.

  But todays carriers are complex machines, and the scientists on
them have important work to do.  That is what they lined up and
signed up for.  The degree of failure mode incidence is pretty low
too.

  You probably would not mind me being the volunteer for Moon or
Mars flights.  I mean the odds of me then going away would go up,
no?

Re: EV Charging: Let It Be Free
On Sat, 30 Mar 2019 16:57:21 -0700, John Larkin

Most I've known, including those here, are into virtue signaling.
Sorta like the Toyota Pious owners.

...or 50% off diamond jewelry at JC Penney's.

Re: EV Charging: Let It Be Free

Trailing clouds of smug.

The hybrids seem to get bad mileage on the hills here. One friend
keeps buying really expensive supposedly-efficient cars, to save a
little on gas. She doesn't even drive much.

lunatic fringe electronics

Re: EV Charging: Let It Be Free
icle-tax-credit/
500 federal tax credit for electric cars and tax them even more instead.
to remove the federal tax credit cap for EVs and expand it to 2022.
icle tax credits for the rich, and provides charging credit for the poor in
stead.  All charging stations should be free.

quivalent for 80% to 90% charging.  Due to lack of alternative, i have to c
harge to 100% to get to the next station.  That's highway robbery.

And i don't blame EVgo for their business decision to take advantage of the
 situation.  i blame the government for not doing the job of oversight.  As
 your Non-Senator, i promise you free Air, Water and Electron in every publ
ic facility, taking full advantage of Other People's Energy (OPE).

Site Timeline