EV Charging: Let It Be Free - Page 2

Re: EV Charging: Let It Be Free

It is not stealing.  The PROVIDED power is part of and built into the
rent paid by the tenants.

  Just like the water exiting the tap in your kitchen.

  Damn, you are thick, boy.  It is sad that you seem to love to be
thick.  It doesn't make ANY intellectual sense.

Re: EV Charging: Let It Be Free

Whether you pay for your utilities or not when you rent a dwelling is
entirely determined by your lease contract there's no general law or
policy on that most places in the US, it's at the renter's discretion.

Re: EV Charging: Let It Be Free

Or I should say, whether it's included in your contractual rental rate.
You always pay for it

Re: EV Charging: Let It Be Free

  Dude. You are mumbling.

  At some places, the LESSOR even makes the renter pay for water.
Generally that comes down to how the buildings are built and if
there is any facility to individually gauge usage.

  I have even had power outlets in storage units I rented.  They no
longer build storage facilities with individual unit lighting (that
has accessible outlets).

  So, it ALWAYS comes down to the lessor agreement.  The lessor has
to abide by laws, but that isn't what any of this is about either.

  This is a parking area PROVIDED by the property owner for the use
of the tenants.  PERIOD.  The lease itself would have to have
wording making it some kind of lease aggreement violation for the
tenants to make use of available externally provided power outlets.

  Skip to the modern world...

  NOW, IF common use of said outlets are for EV charging and that
upsets the property owner, they can THEN amend or alter the lease
agreements to include wording referencing the use of them.

Re: EV Charging: Let It Be Free

Yup, I meant the lessor's discretion, apologies

Right. Some condo and apartment complexes around here do that,
apparently. They're aware of electric cars to the point that the
management is sure it's one more thing they don't want to deal with and
just write in an addendum "electric vehicle charging not allowed" on the
contract

Re: EV Charging: Let It Be Free
On Fri, 29 Mar 2019 16:25:06 +0000 (UTC),

I referred to a public parking garage where the outlets in the pillars
were probably there for vacuum cleaners or something, installed
decades ago. I hope all those moochers are blowing breakers and
shutting one another off.

Even in an apartment garage, I don't think the owners planned on
dumping multi kilowatts for 8-hour stretches. A lot of the "green"
thing is people trying to be cheap. The OP misjudged that and now he
wants the public to make it right.

We pay for our water.

Re: EV Charging: Let It Be Free

Yeah, or not.  You just made up a story that suits your mood.
Public parking, hereabouts, can run $5 an hour, and charging
while parked is in the noise.

Visiting Minnesota, you'll see a lot of outlets next to parking spots.
Use 'em, or your motor no go, come wintertime.   It's just part of
the parking that... you pay for.

Re: EV Charging: Let It Be Free

  You live in a house, dumbfuck.  ALL home owners pay for their water,
even if they install and use a well, there is a cost.

  The reference I made was in the same vein as yours was, depicting use
in a public, or multi-tenant environment.

  But then you knew what was meant, you just like filling up a shit pot
then stirring it.  You stink.

  You're an oxygen moocher.

Re: EV Charging: Let It Be Free

  Whereas yu are apparently perfectly fine with yourself and your spawn
all gettingo oxygen free of charge.

  In your case, the cost is your soul, dipshit.  You are a thief, and
you and your spawn sully the human gene pool.

Re: EV Charging: Let It Be Free
On Fri, 29 Mar 2019 16:27:49 +0000 (UTC),

I'm not asking for a govenment subsidy for that. The government
doesn't tax air yet, but are taxing rain.

My spawn are doing great, one PhD botanist and one MBA. I have a
grand-daughter that is a universal knockout.

How are yours?

Re: EV Charging: Let It Be Free

I am saying there is no other option, other than stealing.  I am not saying people should do it.  Retail establishment won't let people use it, even if you want to pay for it.

Re: EV Charging: Let It Be Free
On Fri, 29 Mar 2019 09:36:24 -0700 (PDT), snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com

Do you use other people's outlets without permission or payment? "No
other option" to stealing?

It sounds to me like you bought an electric car without doing the
homework, and now it's not cheap or convenient like you wanted, so now
you want other people to pay for your mistake.

Re: EV Charging: Let It Be Free

I plead the 5th.

I am fully aware of all the problems before buying it.  So, are you saying people should just junk the otherwise excellent 7 years old EV?  Creating more waste from this and making newer (car) waste?

Re: EV Charging: Let It Be Free
On Fri, 29 Mar 2019 10:34:31 -0700 (PDT), snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com

I think people shouldn't steal because they made a voluntary financial
mistake.

Re: EV Charging: Let It Be Free

  Your capacity to make any valid assessments about anyone decidedly
rests firmly at nil.

  I think that your conclusion of their motives makes you appear just
about as stupid as Donald J. Trump.

  Both of you should stop stealing Oxygen.

Re: EV Charging: Let It Be Free

I've been doing it for years!  My alternator broke some time back and I plug in and charge the battery in my truck everywhere I go.  It's great!  I save about $0.15 a month and I'm very happy!

--

  Rick C.

  -- Get a 1,000 miles of free Supercharging
Re: EV Charging: Let It Be Free

BTDT, didn't work too well at night, but LED headlamps weren't an
option back then.

Re: EV Charging: Let It Be Free

It's also stealing if you plug into someone's outlet and charge your
car without their consent.

The people that I've known who bought an EV weren't trying to be good,
they were just cheap.

It's like Matress Firm. They ask $4500 for a matress but give people
30% off, and they fall for it.

lunatic fringe electronics

Re: EV Charging: Let It Be Free

You have a lot of cheap friends?  I guess that's no surprise.

Huh?  Are you talking about oil subsidies or what?

--

  Rick C.

  ---+ Get a 1,000 miles of free Supercharging
Re: EV Charging: Let It Be Free

  John Larkin is a true idiot.  Why?  Because he thinks he knows all
and catches all the small stuff, and he thinks that all the rest of the
world are too dumb to see the things he sees, and he actually thinks he
has a vision that none of the rest of us have.

  John Larkin is a self impotent jerk. He insults the entire rest of
humanity every chance he gets.

  Hey Johnny...  we are not falling for your bullshit.

  Somebody took the 30% off brains when they ordered you up.

Site Timeline