EV Charging in the UK

My brother had a couple of MGs. The first was an MGA which had the water/o il problem. The side windows were a pair of plastic panes with one that sl id. There was a gap between them that rain could blow through. It was pre tty insane. The MGB-GT was a lot better with proper roll down windows. It didn't really have those sorts of problems, but it was not overly reliable . Better than a friend's Fiat a few years later. It took the Japanese to show the world how to build cars.

--

  Rick C.

  +-+-- Get 1,000 miles of free Supercharging
  +-+-- Tesla referral code - https://ts.la/richard11209
Reply to
Rick C

The mid-80s Ford Sierra was infamous for that.

The core problem was that the centre of percussion was not the same as the centre of gravity, so a sidewind generated a torque. The effect was particularly interesting in gusty sidewinds.

Reply to
Tom Gardner

Ah yes, and a very well-earned soubriquet it was too, I must say.

Cursitor Doom

rote:

our drivel.

Asking a lot of krw. He doesn't seem to have absorbed any item of new infor mation for years, and clearly doesn't want to.

d a few on the lot for delivery, but I couldn't even sit in one. I'm on th e tall side and it turns out the model X is the only one that I don't hit m y head getting in and out. So I have the right one for me anyway. The S w as a pretty nice car though. When the roadster comes out I will want to te st drive one.

I wonder why krw thinks that Telsa's are pieces of shit? He clearly hasn't driven one, and it seems unlikely that one broke down in front of his house .

ybe you don't) that the Tesla story is pretty amazing. Just starting a US car company that will sell millions of cars is a story all in its own. Add in the fact they are showing the world wide auto industry that EVs can be made not just practical but fantastic to own and drive is truly amazing.

't appreciate that I like mine. You are in no way significant in this matt er. You are merely the dog nipping at the heels of others. I think this i s because it is what you prefer to be.

Even the smallest dog can produce unpredictable behaviour. You could progra m an articial intelligence program to react like krw - Parry wouldn't need much modifcation.

Of course if krw were a chatbot, he wouldn't pass the Turing test.

t drive. Talk to some owners. Or you can continue to be the yappy little dog trying to nip from behind.

"Learn" and "krw" are mutually exclusive. If you have one, you've excluded the other.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to