EV Charging in the UK

e:

ey.

esires

a model

s?

,

only need to get a little information. There is no indication that EV bat teries will wear out any faster than the engine and transmission of ICE aut os. In fact, the data shows them to be much longer lived.

None is so blind as those who refuse to see.

There is no single type of lithium ion battery. That is one of the things Tesla has worked on with Panasonic to develop such an excellent drive train , their particular blend of the materials added to the lithium ion battery to give it fast charging and long life.

You really like to double down, eh? For a car with the long range battery it is about 2 charges per 1,000 km so in 250,000 km, 500 charges with typic ally less than 10% degradation.

is "still and issue".

Very willful. It isn't hard to find information on this. Much better than continuing to be ignorant of the facts.

--

  Rick C.

  -++++ Get 1,000 miles of free Supercharging
  -++++ Tesla referral code - https://ts.la/richard11209
Reply to
Rick C

I have found that to be true of most US made hire cars. They are OK at a steady speed of 55mph on the straight but for anything else forget it!

The "accelerator" pedal is used to control engine noise and after the air conditioner has used as much as it wants any residual torque remaining is eventually transferred to the road wheels. The steering such as it is is interpreted by the car as a vague hint which side of a straight line to veer and the tyres invariably squeal on corners. The suspension is so soft that you could easily get sea sick in one.

I always made an effort in the US to get a Japanese made hire car to avoid these problems. I like a car that goes where I ask it to go.

I am no particular fan of the Telsa or any other EV, although I am evaluating at the moment whether or not one could do what I want.

--
Regards,
Martin Brown

Originally this is true and they were plumbed in soldered lead pipe as the name suggests. Places like older village halls still have single cold supply and hot water made where it is needed. So do some private houses in Belgium - CO poisoning from such gas water heaters malfunctioning was a notable risk to expats living there.

How old are you? Or was it a particularly remote location.

Just about all post war build has domestic hot water and a hot water tank. Most older UK residential properties gained H+C copper plumbing and CH sometime during the 1970's at the very latest.

--
Regards,
Martin Brown

You definitely need to drive a Tesla. Mine is the model X which is relativ ely speaking the big lumbering battleship of the Tesla line and it is still very responsive and sure footed.

I had a model S for a few days and they are much more nimble feeling closer to a sports car. I test drove a model 3 and it is also nimble.

All of them have an amazing feel to the accelerator pedal. Not only can yo u give it the softest of touches and get an equally soft response, when at speed letting off the pedal lets you control the engine braking which is mu ch stronger than in an ICE. You hardly need to use the actual brake pedal.

I had a pickup truck pull out right in front of me the other day and I had to jam my foot on the brake, virtually to the floor. The car just stopped. The wheels didn't pulse or chirp and certainly didn't lock up. The car d ecelerated as much as the tires would allow and came to a stop.

There is nothing about the handling of a Tesla you will ever not love.

What are you concerned about?

--

  Rick C.

  +---- Get 1,000 miles of free Supercharging
  +---- Tesla referral code - https://ts.la/richard11209
Reply to
Rick C

I got it, already. Long ago! You're Tesla's #1 fanboi - Musk's li'l brown puppy.

Reply to
krw

ote:

key.

desires

r a model

t!

ies?

.

er,

.

ey only need to get a little information. There is no indication that EV b atteries will wear out any faster than the engine and transmission of ICE a utos. In fact, the data shows them to be much longer lived.

it is "still and issue".

at's why you have to attack the person, not the argument.

Got it!

You could try learning something rather than just mindlessly posting your d rivel.

I bought the model X because I couldn't test drive a model 3. They had a f ew on the lot for delivery, but I couldn't even sit in one. I'm on the tal l side and it turns out the model X is the only one that I don't hit my hea d getting in and out. So I have the right one for me anyway. The S was a pretty nice car though. When the roadster comes out I will want to test dr ive one.

--

  Rick C.

  +---+ Get 1,000 miles of free Supercharging
  +---+ Tesla referral code - https://ts.la/richard11209
Reply to
Rick C

Japanese cars tend to have "American" feels, sort of soft and insulated from the road. Both Japanese and US cars have got better from their worst period.

German cars feel good, BMW and Audi and even many VWs. My Audi has amazing, beautiful driving dynamics; its angular position would look great on an oscilloscope. Its electronics was programmed by the German version of code idiots.

I recall Suburus feeling like trucks, but I haven't driven one lately.

lunatic fringe electronics

Why? You'll just go into #1 fanboi mode, as you always do.

*WE*KNOW* It's all you talk about. Whenever the subject of EVs comes up you just cannot resist making a fool of yourself by bragging about your POS Tesla.
Reply to
krw

te:

up key.

our desires

for a model

bust!

teries?

ers.

as a

muter,

ugh.

they only need to get a little information. There is no indication that E V batteries will wear out any faster than the engine and transmission of IC E autos. In fact, the data shows them to be much longer lived.

e, it is "still and issue".

That's why you have to attack the person, not the argument.

em. Got it!

r drivel.

a few on the lot for delivery, but I couldn't even sit in one. I'm on the tall side and it turns out the model X is the only one that I don't hit my head getting in and out. So I have the right one for me anyway. The S was a pretty nice car though. When the roadster comes out I will want to test drive one.

I don't know if they will survive long term, but you have to admit (or mayb e you don't) that the Tesla story is pretty amazing. Just starting a US ca r company that will sell millions of cars is a story all in its own. Add i n the fact they are showing the world wide auto industry that EVs can be ma de not just practical but fantastic to own and drive is truly amazing.

I really don't care one bit that you don't appreciate EVs or that you don't appreciate that I like mine. You are in no way significant in this matter . You are merely the dog nipping at the heels of others. I think this is because it is what you prefer to be.

If you want to learn something about EVs, then learn. Take one for a test drive. Talk to some owners. Or you can continue to be the yappy little do g trying to nip from behind.

--

  Rick C.

  +--+- Get 1,000 miles of free Supercharging
  +--+- Tesla referral code - https://ts.la/richard11209
Reply to
Rick C

Sure it's amazing. Amazing that one shill can find so many suckers, inside and outside the government.

It's easy if you have the backing of the US government and never expect to actually make money. There are several more in Tesla's wake (which will further dilute Musk's market).

Obviously you do. You care deeply about what everyone here thinks about your toy. You shout it into the ether every chance you're given.

I know everything I need to know. No one, other than overpaid virtue signaling leftists, would want one if they had to pay the entire cost.

Reply to
krw

The Tesla cars are similar to European cars in their suspension and handling. They are nothing like traditional American cars.

The target demographic for the Model 3 is BMW 3 series owners (that I used to have).

Tesla has done a very creditable job - the handling is extremely good - it is undoubtedly helped by the lower polar moment of inertia with the main mass in the centre under the cabin rather than at the ends.

The Tesla cars have much more than adequate power and the accelerator feel is exceptional. I only have the normal Model 3 RWD long range the performance and dual motor versions have even more power.

The air conditioner has its own separate motor so doesn't detract from road wheel power.

The steering is similar to European cars - it does have adjustable force feedback, I normally use the comfort setting but my wife prefers it sportier having come from a Mazda Miata.

The suspension is also much more like European cars but a bit stiffer than I would like, but that would probably compromise handling.

I do the same and detest American cars in general for those reasons. ...

Reply to
keith

We have less lag, because our entire property is 24 feet wide.

jlarkin att highlandtechnology dott com
http://www.highlandtechnology.com

On Friday, 21 June 2019 00:10:44 UTC-7, Martin Brown wrote: ...

This was in the 1950's in Challock, a small village in central Kent, the house was wooden and probably built before WW1.

The water was originally from a well with outside toilet - no plumbing. My father built a bathroom and put some plumbing in when I was a bit older.

We moved in the late 50's. The new owners paid the princely sum of 420 pounds and promptly knocked it down and built three modern (for the late 50s) detached houses on the property.

kw

Reply to
keith

I spent a few days with my brother who lives in a town house downtown. It felt a lot like living in a slum. Every room is in a row and none very wid e. Upstairs is worse because of the hallway. Outside is no better. A sha red driveway to space enough to park one car each. Park on the street if y ou want to have a barbecue. I literally felt claustrophobic after a few d ays.

My place is not large, but it has a deck, two acres and a view across the l ake to the sunset. It may not have tons of restaurants next door, but neit her does it have the noise and bother of neighbors within feet or the masse s of humanity.

The one thing I fear from retirement is having to live in a place like a to wn house.

--

  Rick C.

  +--++ Get 1,000 miles of free Supercharging
  +--++ Tesla referral code - https://ts.la/richard11209
Reply to
Rick C

Bikers joke that you can tell which way a US car is about to turn because it will lurch the other way first.

Clive
Reply to
Clive Arthur

When I loaded my mandatory toolbox in the trunk of my MG, I centered it carefully to keep the car balanced.

jlarkin att highlandtechnology dott com
http://www.highlandtechnology.com

MG never really understood that they were supposed to keep the water out and the oil in, rather than the other way round.

Clive
Reply to
Clive Arthur

Brit motorcycles leaked oil too.

Honda made the miraculous decision to split the crankcase horizontally, instead of vertically.

But the Sprite was a lot of fun. You could leave the top down in the rain and not get wet as long as you kept over 30 MPH or so.

We drove it to Aspen one winter. Had to shut the heater off to keep the engine warm.

jlarkin att highlandtechnology dott com
http://www.highlandtechnology.com

They seem to think that a cross-wind is a good enough reason to change lanes, too.

Reply to
Clifford Heath

Joseph Lucas, the Prince of Darkness.

lunatic fringe electronics