ethernet interface

I am looking for a cheap ethernet interface board that I can program on it and run by ethernet cable. I would like to have 8 output for 8 zone and some input and output for switch and LCD. I am planning to use it for water sprinkler. I would like setup the time on computer and send it to the etherboard board to control 8 zone. I would like to check it when I am at work or home.

Reid

Reply to
news.xmission.com

CIRCUIT CELLAR has lots of similar projects from time to time.

--
Many thanks,

 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Don Lancaster

Do you have existing wirings for it? Keep in mind that the controller needs to be close enough to your broadband router, capable of driving 24V valves and far enough from the moisture from sprinklers.

Additional considerations are: temperature and moisture sensors, color imaging (i.e. brown vs. green).

We have a customer using a video camera to detect motion near the driveway and of course checking the color of the lawn.

Reply to
linnix

What transfer rates do you need? Power consumption on nodes? Budget for nodes/cable?

Reply to
pbdelete

Also approx length of cables?

Reply to