Es'hail 2 SpaceX launch with the first amateur radio payload to fly in geostationary orbit planned for today

Es'hail 2 SpaceX launch with the first amateur radio payload to fly in geostationary orbit planned for today.

Been working to get my 10.4 GHz rubidium referenced sat receiver up and running for this. Not a day too early, as SpaceX launch window is today:

Launch window: 2046-2229 GMT (3:46-5:29 p.m. EST) Launch site: LC-39A, Kennedy Space Center, Florida A SpaceX Falcon 9 rocket will launch the Es'hail 2 communications satellite. Built by Mitsubishi Electric Corp. and owned by Qatar's national satellite communications company Es'hailSat, Es'hail 2 will provide television broadcasts, broadband connectivity and government services to Qatar and neighboring parts of the Middle East, North Africa and Europe. Es'hail 2 also carries the first amateur radio payload to fly in geostationary orbit. Delayed from August. Delayed from Nov. 14.

If it all goes right I will have to do some LNB replacements in my sat dish in the now upcoming freezing cold here.. Am a bit curious if I will be able to receive the thing,

So launch window is between 21:46 and 23:29 CET.

Reply to
<698839253X6D445TD

Eshail2: polarity horizontal

Uplink: Narrow band 2400.05 to 2400.3 MHz center 2400.175 MHz

Wide band 2401.5 to 2409.5 MHz center 2405.5 MHz

Downlink: Narrow band 10489.55 to 10489.8 MHz center 10489.675 MHz

Wide band 10491 to 10499 MHz center 10495 MHz

Reply to
<698839253X6D445TD

What's the transmit power from the satallite?

jlarkin att highlandtechnology dott com
http://www.highlandtechnology.com

We'll let you know once we figure out what a satallite is...

Reply to
bloggs.fredbloggs.fred

For the hams they say go to dishpointer and select Eutelsat 25B, which is close by, to figure out if you can see it. It doesn't look like it illuminates anything farther west than Brazil.

Reply to
bloggs.fredbloggs.fred

You'd be a great grammar school marm. All you need is a hair bun and a red pencil and some sensible shoes.

jlarkin att highlandtechnology dott com
http://www.highlandtechnology.com

What's its position going to be ?

Reply to
boB

Hun? Does that mean parallel to the Earth's rotation axis, or to the equator? From geosynchronous orbit, 'horizon' is a circular, does it mean circular polarization?

Reply to
whit3rd

That means "as seen from earth". One of the downlinks is vertical, the other horizontal. Your SAT TV downconverter in the dish can do both on

10 GHz.

Uplinks are circular, (RHC IIRC)

cheers, Gerhard

Reply to
Gerhard Hoffmann

Not so much data available, but this

DXCC using Es'hail 2 satellite.htm site says: The amateur X-band downlink will use one or more of the satellite's Ku-band TWTs at a power level of 32.4 dBW on bore sight, after a 6 dB power back off.

A normal 75 cm dish TV should be enough for SSB communication,

For DATV that I want a bigger dish and more power is required. But first RX,

Reply to
<698839253X6D445TD

boB wrote

It is at 26 east Same position as the badr and Es'Hail-1

I'd expect it to take some of the Es'Hail-1 streams, and I will likely wait until I can see the new FTA program streams before adventuring looking for the ham sat It will likely take a few days for that sat to be fully in position and operational.

There is a lot on 26 east!

It is busy up there! Good way to test you dish pointing.

There is some activity on the subject now in various groups:

<698839253X6D445TD

If you look at the horizon while standing up strait then that horizon is horizontal.

If the sat was right above you head, confused you could be, but horizontal is then defined as east to west.

From the northern hemisphere where I live, looking at the sats position (it is at 26 degrees east of south BTW) it will be about 26.87 degrees above that horizon, and about 24.90 degrees east of pure south, according to my sat calculator and dish controller:

Maybe this will help:

<698839253X6D445TD

It's of no importance to NA. The coverage area limits are defined by 0o dish pointing angle (tall building).

OP is mentally challenged.

Reply to
bloggs.fredbloggs.fred

Thanks ! Maybe some day in the next few years I can get over to Europe and work this one. Pretty cool !

Reply to
boB