ephemts

Looks like Broadcom is killing off all the Avago e-phemts.

Fast discretes are going away.

--

John Larkin Highland Technology, Inc picosecond timing precision measurement

jlarkin att highlandtechnology dott com

Am 04.01.2018 um 20:49 schrieb John Larkin:

I met a chip designer on the web who used to work for AD. I asked semi-jokingly if they could make a MAT-02 on steroids, in that thermally enhanced SO-8 with the belly contact.

No way. Instead, the MAT-02 is gone also. :-(

For fast PNP, that leaves us with the Intersil arrays.

<

And I can get them space-proof. That would be the next hurdle.

Gerhard

Reply to
Gerhard Hoffmann

There are a fair number of medium-fast PNPs from Rohm, On, Panasonic, NXP, and Nexperia, but no SOT89's (all SOT23 or similar) and nothing above about 1.5 GHz.

Bummer.

I might experiment with novel heat sinking of some SOT23's.

Or I could maybe buy bare chips and have a packaging outfit make them into SOT89s for me.

jlarkin att highlandtechnology dott com
http://www.highlandtechnology.com

The speed is mostly a matter of running them hot and getting the heat out?

Is it to late for some life-time buy? We bought a life time of laser diodes (~7-10 years ago, ~$10ea) And I've seen them for $1 on ebay.. I should throw ~4100 at some and try them.

George H.

Reply to
George Herold

The parasitic resistances of those are fairly horrible though.

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

--
Dr Philip C D Hobbs
Principal Consultant

http://electrooptical.net
http://hobbs-eo.com
Reply to
Phil Hobbs

Am 05.01.2018 um 02:55 schrieb Phil Hobbs:

.. and the parasitic inductance of the hermetic flat packs!

Cheers, Gerhard

Reply to
Gerhard Hoffmann

We tried that for some obsolete power parts. They were remarked devices, it was a different device in the same package.

Martin Riddle