employment ad, please ignore

We may be in the market for a design engineer, or a project engineer,
or an engineering technician, or maybe a paid intern, somebody who
could help us get electronics designed. We don't so much have job
descriptions or positions, as we balance our workload around what
people can do.

Keywords

Electronics circuit systems design
analog
digital
high speed
picosecond
instrumentation
electro-optical
photonics
engineer
technician
intern
employment
jobs
position
san francisco
California
SOMA
silicon valley

See

http://www.highlandtechnology.com/company/careers.shtml

Maybe google groups, or some of those reposting sites, will pick this
up and make it visible to searchers. I don't expect that SED itself is
likely to work directly.

jlarkin att highlandtechnology dott com
Re: employment ad, please ignore

Free meds??
http://www.soma250.com/

You forgot one:

.. Within walking distance to Zeitgeist. But not in combination with
SOMA :-)

Craigslist, of all things, could sometimes work. I found a local bicycle
dealer that way that I didn't even know existed, and then bought a new
mountain bike there.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/

Re: employment ad, please ignore

SOMA is South Of Market Area. But you knew that.

The problem isn't walking to Zeitgeist, it's walking back.

I might do Craigslist eventually. Historically, it has produced
hundreds of bad applicants.

jlarkin att highlandtechnology dott com
Re: employment ad, please ignore

And getting work done afterwards.

That's the downside. Like advertising in a hacker community. It might
yield the top candidate but you have to wade through dozens of bad ones.

When I was looking for engineers around 15 years ago the absolute best
bang for the buck was the IEEE job site. It cost us only a few hundred
bucks but the ratio of good to bad candidates was by far the best.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/

Re: employment ad, please ignore
On Mon, 17 Mar 2014 12:49:51 -0700, John Larkin

Just post it on monster, sounds like the material your looking for.
Here I would place it in the NYtimes or monster.

Cheers

Re: employment ad, please ignore
On Mon, 17 Mar 2014 11:49:37 -0700, John Larkin

Didn't you forget to note that a job requirement is to kiss up to the
boss and proclaim, "Math and simulation are both crutches" ?>:-}

                                        ...Jim Thompson
Re: employment ad, please ignore
On Mon, 17 Mar 2014 15:15:40 -0700, Jim Thompson

He's gotta be able to design stuff with out component values too ;D

Cheers

Re: employment ad, please ignore
On Mon, 17 Mar 2014 18:26:38 -0400, Martin Riddle

Ideas come first. Brains do that, unless you are one of those people
who gets all their ideas from appnotes. Or just keep copying the same
diffamps and cascodes and bandgaps for decades.

Parts values in a circuit can come only after there is a circuit.
There have been some attempts to automate circuit *design* but none
worked, as far as I know.

jlarkin att highlandtechnology dott com
Re: employment ad, please ignore
On Mon, 17 Mar 2014 15:15:40 -0700, Jim Thompson

Once you latch onto something you think is funny, you repeat it scores
of times. I think you're getting senile.

"Design is the opposite of analysis", someone here said. You can't
analyze ideas if you don't have ideas.

jlarkin att highlandtechnology dott com
Re: employment ad, please ignore
Boredom causes gangrene of the brain...

Re: employment ad, please ignore
On Wed, 19 Mar 2014 02:15:43 -0700 (PDT),

...and like all lefties you're always bored with reality, Bloggs.

Re: employment ad, please ignore
On Wed, 19 Mar 2014 02:15:43 -0700 (PDT),

Electronics design is a great defense against boredom.

jlarkin att highlandtechnology dott com
Re: employment ad, please ignore

Designing electronics right now but I feel an increasing urge to hop on
my mountain bike. Sometimes that's more fun. Well, ain't gonna happen
today or tomorrow :-(

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/

Re: employment ad, please ignore

And I'm not going skiing much more this spring, either.

jlarkin att highlandtechnology dott com
Re: employment ad, please ignore
Hey I'd apply... but the commute from Buffalo might be a bit long. :^)

George H.

Re: employment ad, please ignore
On Wednesday, March 19, 2014 5:48:31 AM UTC-7, George Herold wrote:

Telecommute?

Michael

Re: employment ad, please ignore

I asked that when I was looking a half-dozen years ago.  He likes his
engineers close.  ;-)

Re: employment ad, please ignore

Everyone wants to telecommute, but even flextime can get in the way
for a small team.

--sp

Re: employment ad, please ignore

Not so much since GoToMeeting and all those popped up. That's my usual
mode of operation. The airlines will certainly not be happy about that.

I've even talked MEs through diagnosing a processor timing problem with
a scope across more than 1000 miles. They never used a scope before,
bought it a day earlier, I downloaded the manual, they set the camera to
its front panel, and off we went. Found the problem and then then their
SW guy figured out how to fix it. 1/2h of consulting time, zero travel
expenses, case closed, everyone happy.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/

Re: employment ad, please ignore

That's awesome. This may be the only exception to somebody using video
conferencing other than to make up for the fact they're unable to
communicate with a phone or email yet.

Site Timeline