EMC Requirement for LCD modules

Hi all

Anybody has any experience in EMC requirements for LCD modules.

I am currently working on a project that uses an LCD module with a builtin Hymax HX8238 controller. I am trying to figure out how much EMI/ESD mitigation I need down the line. It's got a grounded metal frame so I am assuming that is enough as a basic ESD protection for the module itself. The only thing I am worried about is down the ribbon cables.

Any help would be great.

fernan

Reply to
fernan

A ferrite "bead" shaped to fit the cable will help o limit the higher- frequency stuff coming out of the display down the cables. I have also seen ribbon cables looped two or more times through a ferrite donut.

The radiated emissions out the front of the display will be harder to control. Transparent but conductive layer like indium tin-oxide coated sheet may help, or use a fine metal mesh if the Moire patterns are not too objectionable.

Reply to
Richard Henry

I had two recent cases and fixed it with meshes from this company:

Not cheap but gives the unit almost a mil-spec appeal. I had to rotate to 45 degrees to avoid too much moiree. After it's all spec'd out they'll offer custom cuts. Hint: Don't ever pull on this stuff, it'll stretch and then bulge very easily.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/

Use another domain or send PM.