Electronic work bench transformer problem

Hi all,

Here are the properties of [SUBCKT TS_PWR_IDEAL__TRANSFORMER__1__1 1 2

3 4 5] transformer in Electronic work bench multisim power pro ver 8.0.28.

I just want to know what these parameters are and specially what F1 and F2 are.

Rp 1 6 1e-006ohm Rs1 10 3 1e-006ohm Rs2 11 5 5e-007ohm Le 6 7 0.001H Lm 7 2 5H E1 9 8 7 2 0.25 E2 8 4 7 2 0.25 V1 9 10 DC 0V V2 8 11 DC 0V F1 7 2 V1 0.5 F2 7 2 V2 0.5

I get a very strange behaviour when I connect the primary to an AC src and secondary to a 100ohm resistor and when I change the F1 para from .5 to 1.

Under this condition I get same current o/p for primary and secondary but o/p voltage is only half.

Please reply, Harshana

Reply to
Harshana

To all the workbench experts...

please help me on this.

Its a virtual; power transformer. and I'm having trouble with parameter F1.

Thanks,

Harshana

Harshana wrote:

Reply to
Harshana

I don't know about "Electronic Workbench" specifically, but this looks like a standard Spice3 file. Lines beginning with R of course are resistances, and L are inductances. E is a voltage-controlled voltage source: E1 echos 25% of the voltage from node 7 to node 2, to a voltage source + to node 9 and - to node 8, for example. V is just an independent voltage source, and V1 and V2 being set to zero are simply ways to mesure the current from node 9 to node 10 and node 8 to node

11, respectively. Those, of course, are used by F1 and F2, which are current-controlled current sources. So for example, F1 echos 1/2 the current in V1 (from node 9 to node 10, in other words), and causes it to flow from node 7 to node 2. F1 and F2 (output currents) are in parallel, and of course add.

Cheers, Tom

Reply to
Tom Bruhns

Thanks Tom for Ur explanation..!