Electronic component storage ideas? Compact and movable

if

,

rder?

he

if it becomes too much of a hassle there are places that sell them empty, in all kinds of shapes and sizes ;)

Reply to
Lasse Langwadt Christensen

B&Q do a pretty good selection of vertical stackable storage. Check 'em out.

Cursitor Doom

I cut the bottom 10cm off 2L milk bottles (HDPE, the square kind), to make small square bins. They're readily available and the original contents is needed anyway. They fit most large parts, or a dozen or two zip-lock baggies.

The height fits nicely into my drawers and doesn't slide around or get messy. You can lift them out to use on the bench, and can easily re-arrange them between drawers.

Clifford Heath.

Reply to
Clifford Heath

In the lab we mostly use these:

with the corresponding lids

Not the cheapest, but they're nice looking, they stack well and it's easy to see what's inside.

We have probably 100 of them.

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

--
Dr Philip C D Hobbs
Principal Consultant

http://electrooptical.net
http://hobbs-eo.com
Reply to
Phil Hobbs

"Have A Nice Day."

Jasen Betts

Given ambiguity, I'd call it 'have a nice day', or at th e end of a meal, 'dessert'.

Reply to
whit3rd

whit3rd wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@googlegroups.com:

It is an insult 'using it' or 'interpreting it' another wayu is just plain stupid. It is an insult, not a sign off.

Reply to
DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno

Tetrapaks can be used similarly. They're a better shape.

NT

Reply to
tabbypurr

I use these:

ule-box/

We used to call them mouse toilets ?

Regards

Klaus

Reply to
Klaus Kragelund

Klaus Kragelund wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@googlegroups.com:

If they are not conductive/ESD Safe or even dissipative, then they aren't worth a shit.

How can they 'evolve' into that and not make it out of the right polymer? Pretty sad.

Reply to
DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno

There's no reason that most SMT parts need to be in static dissipative packaging. Their capacitance to the outside world is so small that even at kilovolts of bias it won't store enough energy to do any damage.

Picking up a small MOSFET by its gate pin might cause a problem on account of the voltage divider formed by the gate capacitance and the package capacitance, but that's about it.

Once it's mounted to a board, so the discharge has someplace to go to, and you come along charged to 10 kV, _then_ you have to worry.

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

--
Dr Philip C D Hobbs