eighty dollar dip SSR

to 50

I looked at some of those. Some leakage current when the Gate went negative.

My Fet gate protection circuit is now two lnd150's and a 10k ohm resistor from gate to source. (+/- 1.5 mA x 10 k = +/- 15V)

George H.

Reply to
George Herold

NUgg5d8fhxqXylHZwg%3D%3

y make is top dollar. The products are usually high reliability and have ex tended environmental operational range. There was some scandal in the 80s w ith them cheating the government on the testing.

x?

bloggs.fredbloggs.fred

Maybe because of luddites like me who don't really trust those things :-)

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/
Reply to
Joerg

Something like this should be OK.

That G signal can come from an FPGA, so can be tuned as needed to get nice gate drive. The drive PWM could be 100 KHz or so, and the gate rectifier time constant could be a millisecond. Something like that.

Each SSR should be possible in under a square inch of PCB.

lunatic fringe electronics
 Click to see the full signature

It's amazing that a search on Digikey or Mouser will turn up basically identical parts with 40:1 price differences.

I think some companies deliberately skyrocket the prices of end-of-life part numbers, to nail people who insist on exact replacements.

lunatic fringe electronics
 Click to see the full signature

You must be right.

Mouser has only 16 in stock. I called them to verify that the price was not a typo. They confirmed that it was not. I wished them luck on selling their stock of them.

Reply to
John S