EEPROM burning from a batch file ?

Hello everyone,

Burning a memory chip using the GUI that came with the burner is beyond some people. Life would be simplier if a batch file and icon could drive the process. The user would only need to click on the icon.

Has anyone done this or know of a burner that can be controlled from command line?

Thanks, Robert H.

Reply to
Robert

On a sunny day (Fri, 08 Aug 2008 14:25:56 GMT) it happened Robert wrote in :

Sure, mine can ONLY be controlled from the command line:

Jan Panteltje

I never tried it but my old Galep-3 does that. The newer models seem to be able to do that too.

Joop

Reply to
Joop

I think there's a proper way of doing this using some formal windows doodads, but with a little low-level mucking around with win32 functions it's possible to find the burner's window by name, and send it phony mouseclicks. Of course getting any idea of it's state would be tricky, unless you intercept it's calls to windows...

Reply to
cs_posting

My BP Microsystems burner could do that; I used it that way all the time. You'd create a macro in the program, then type "BP " at the DOS prompt to run it. But BP's "Lifetime free updates" policy gave out after just a few years and now I hardly use the BP any more. Great burner while the company lasted.

--
Gordon S. Hlavenka
Join the Revolution at http://www.ronpaul.com

BP Micro's burners could be setup via a batch file. Was great for production. I don't know if this is still the case.

-- Mark

Reply to
qrk