Ecosystems across Australia are collapsing under climate change - Page 5

Re: Ecosystems across Australia are collapsing under climate change
:
a series of sudden and catastrophic ecosystem shifts that have occurred rec
ently across Australia.
 and extreme weather events, are overwhelming ecosystems? natural r
esilience."
thingness, except excess heat, so no one really cares just yet.
-under-climate-change-99367
 ft peaks emerging just in time to save the planet. That's so much more rea
sonable. Right now the Earth is a ticking time bomb about to release unprec
edented levels of methane into the atmosphere, and this will kill nearly al
l lifeforms quite rapidly, as in a few months time frame.

The last time a lot of methane got released into the atmosphere

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paleocene%E2%80%93Eocene_Thermal_Maximum

it didn't kill off "nearly all life-forms". There clearly were population c
rashes, and quite a few new species did emerge, but it wasn't any kind of m
ass extinction event for land-living species, though there was a mass extin
ction of benthic foraminifera.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney

Re: Ecosystems across Australia are collapsing under climate change

I'm guessing that even though this sounds catastrophic, the situation is
still just about recoverable - if only we pay loads more tax right away?
Thought so. ;->

Re: Ecosystems across Australia are collapsing under climate change

Nah- it appears the politicians and msm are distracting the hoi polloi
as much as possible right up to the end.

Re: Ecosystems across Australia are collapsing under climate change

Incorrectly. Buying an ecosystem out of trouble is spectacularly expensive,
 and neither Australia or the US has that kind of money, and no level of ta
xation could extract that much.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney

Site Timeline