EBook reader DIY?

Guys, First off, I have little to no clue about electronics. I'm an aerospace

engineer and can figure stuff out by myself once I've been pointed in the right direction. I have some very BASIC electronic knowledge, can quickly read up books & articles about electronics when needed, and am very experienced with soldering. This would be my very first electronics DIY project.

I came across a BOEhydis HT10X21-200 lcd screen (without bezel, frame,etc.) and would like to build my own portable eBook reader / picture viewer / movie player. I have no idea whatsoever where to start

looking for info, diagrams, parts, etc. I have no idea if a 'homebuilt'

like this has been done before and thus I have no general concept of what to do (windows based? unix based? other OS? what memory, cpu, graphics, etc..).

Any help / pointers would be greatly appreciated! I realize my request is very broad, feel free to just throw your opinion in please! Thanks! Bernie

Reply to
Bernie