Eating As A Source Of Pleasure Soon To Be Abolished

Yep, and the reason is this is the product of a food technology breakthrough and NOT just a recipe, which most people think of when they hear the words veggie burger, usually soy meal slathered with a bunch of spicy glop to liven up the taste.

Reply to
bloggs.fredbloggs.fred

A likely intermediate step would be:

Reply to
aioe usenet

A couple places here offer bison burgers. I haven't tried one.

lunatic fringe electronics

Does that have /any/ relevance to the point?

Since you seem to be having difficulty, concentrate on B12 and calcium.

Reply to
Tom Gardner

e:

.

will be

t like

.

years now,

find a

when

s, peppers

ient Rome were Vegetarian!"

y get to meat is maybe some fat rendering added for flavoring. The bulk of their calories came from root crops and unprocessed grains. And there is no question their work output was unsurpassed, constantly building roads and fortifications the old fashioned way, in addition to daily practice of clos e combat skills.

There are ample readily available source for those two that are alternative s to meat. Nuts, beans and leafy greens, and you don't have to eat a whole lot to meet minimum requirements.

The health problems you mention are due to more than just diet. Extreme ina ctivity leads to brittle bones as well as significant bone loss, regardless of how much milk you drink or cheese you eat. Then a lot of modern medicat ions used to treat common chronic disease, like hypertension and high chole sterol, have anti-nutrient effects, meaning they interfere with absorption of a variety of essential minerals and vitamins, causing a deficit which le ads to other problems.

Reply to
bloggs.fredbloggs.fred

Massive amounts of land now used for production of livestock feed will be

We will eventually have tank-grown meat, and will probably feel like

*False*. Completely false.

There is *zero* B12 in those foodstuffs.

Prove me wrong by supplying a reference in the USDA nutrient database, e.g. "almonds, raw"

gives

Plus eating lots of leafy greens will mask the warning symptoms of irreversible B12 deficiency, since they have a high folate content.

True, but if you don't have enough Ca in your diet, you've less to lose before symptoms appear.

You've got to have enough Ca in your diet in a form that is assimilated.

I've seen veggies claim "there's Ca in broccoli", without bothering to work out how much you would need to get your RDA.

True, but again irrelevant.

Reply to
Tom Gardner

This "breakthrough" food technology is what pretty much has led to the the

10 fold increase in obesity up from 3% to 30% over the last 50 years, and to mention the 70% total overweight. The perfect mix of fat and sugar to create food addicts and profits for the pushers.

I no longer eat processed food... If its in a box/bag with pretty colours saying how healthy/good it is, it isn't.

-- Kevin Aylward

- SuperSpice

Kevin Aylward

The Beyond the Meat stuff is great. A&W has it here in Canada. A little expensive if you don't have a coupon. They ran out for a month or two after it was introduced, it was so popular. I think Whole Foods is carrying it too.

With normal burger fixings it's almost indistinguishable from ground beef. They're not catering to the extremists so it's made on a shared grill etc.

--Spehro Pefhany

Reply to
speff

That must have been the Monty Python version of the Bible. ;-)

Cursitor Doom

Fuck me. They were practically starving as it was.

Cursitor Doom

Hope yours is on top. You should enjoy that.

Reply to
krw

A number of places here have them. Ted's (as in Turner) Montana Grill started it, probably because he raises bison on his Montana ranch. It's OK but a little dry for a burger, IMO. I prefer Ted's beef burgers.

Reply to
krw