Eagle solder stop mask

sci.electronics.design
area without solder mask using eagle

   I'm combining 2 boards into another board, or panel, comprising 4 copies of
one board and 1 of the other. The 4 copies have a normal solder stop mask but
the single board has none, top or bottom. Eagle (version 3.??) doesn't appear
to have a "trestrict" or "brestrict" type feature to eliminate the solder
masks, unfortunantly.
   The only method apparant so far is to go through the gerber files and
remove all solder stop entries in the area of the single board and replace
with one the full size of the board.
   Hopefully there's a better way. Anyone have a suggestion?

Hul

Re: Eagle solder stop mask

I don't know Eagle 3.xx.  In version 4 there are tStop and bStop layers and you
can draw polygons to define them where you want. (layers 29 and 30..in my version)

George H.

Re: Eagle solder stop mask
George - I was using an older manual; I'll look at the manual for this
version. I'll take another look at the various "layers" too. Thanks.

Hul

Re: Eagle solder stop mask

You can't just draw a polygon on the mask layer?

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

--
Dr Philip C D Hobbs