Eagle Cadsoft news server

Did they kill their news server? I know they had setup a new website. But didnt see any alerts that they were changing things.

Martin Riddle

They screwed it up pretty badly. It sort of works by now but it's very sluggish. Use the Cadsoftusa site, the German one is even slower.

Here is a backdoor link someone posted for the old site:

Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/
Reply to
Joerg

Ok thanks, in there I found the Element 14 forum

But the news server is kaput at the moment. But it seems to work in the evening.

Martin Riddle

Use their NNTP server, it is much better. I've not seen a decent web-based forum in decades. The last web-based application that truly worked but wasn't a forum was Sabre. And then they ditched it for fluff and I went back to booking my trips at the travel agent in town again :-(

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/
Reply to
Joerg

Found the problem. They used to have a DNS record for cadsoft.de and news.cadsoft.de for their news servers. Now it's only news.cadsoft.de , as is how my LiveMail is configured at home.

Martin Riddle

Something amazing happened today. In the afternoon nearly all servers east of the Rockies I tried conked out for me, including my email server in Kansas. There were times when news.cadsoft.de in a little village in Southern Germany was the lone ranger, it worked through the whole outage phase. Beats me why.