Eagle and thermals

My thermals in Eagle are sometimes to conductive. (I'd like them thinner or longer.) I've been f-ing around with various parameters (mostly in the DRC) but can't seem to change them.

Any ideas? TIA George H.

Reply to
George Herold

Den onsdag den 22. februar 2017 kl. 17.29.32 UTC+1 skrev George Herold:

I think you just change the width of the polygon

Reply to
Lasse Langwadt Christensen

OK thanks Lasse, that "fixed" some of the wider ones.

George h.

Reply to
George Herold

Why do you want less conductive thermals?

We don't use thermals; we select "pave over."

lunatic fringe electronics

Look under DRC Supply tab. There is some sort of thermal setting you can use. Never used it.

Reply to
John S

Thanks John, I screwed around with those settings, but as far as I could tell nothing changed. Reading in Eagle it seems I have to define a whole supply layer to have these do anything... "With nothing else on that layer".. I can't do that.

George H.

Reply to
George Herold

So when I screw up I can un-solder the bit's without having to bring out the big guns... lotsa times my ground is on the bottom, and I just can't get enough heat down the lead from the top side to melt things.

George H.

Reply to
George Herold

Tim Wescott
Wescott Design Services
http://www.wescottdesign.com

I'm looking for work -- see my website!
Reply to
Tim Wescott

Isolate, is the item you want. eg; Change Isolate.

and the wire width does affect it too.

Martin Riddle