e-phemts as logic gates

There are only a couple of 1-ns-class cmos Tiny Logic gates, an AND and a DFF. Everything else is slow. These SAV-551 Mini-Circuits ephmets are only about $1 each, and they can make crazy fast NAND and NOR gates. Rds-on is a few ohms and capacitances are small.

Output falling edges are faster than rising, but that suits my application.

jlarkin att highlandtechnology dott com
http://www.highlandtechnology.com

RTL rises again!

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

--
Dr Philip C D Hobbs
Principal Consultant

http://electrooptical.net
http://hobbs-eo.com
Reply to
Phil Hobbs

One is DTL, only backwards.

I used some RTL for a while, the Moto things in the round 8-pin glob-top TO5 sort of package. It was really bad, and not reliable.

Hey, I was just a kid.

It is interesting that some of the fastest logic elements are analog parts. Not just this case.

jlarkin att highlandtechnology dott com
http://www.highlandtechnology.com

John Larkin hasn't noticed that all digital logic runs with analog components. They are usually packaged up in a way that lets digital engineers ignore this.

One of my colleagues once observed that ECL didn't seem to deliver the advantage over TTL that the data sheets would lead you to expect.

I protested that it had always delivered for me, to which he responded that I was an analog engineer - which was true enough, since I could certainly manage fast and precise analog design - but rather implied that digital engineers couldn't.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to