dumb cell phone question

Ok, back in the office. Here's my collection of CzOne Rock carcasses.

  1. There is no SIM card, microSD, or other memory card or socket.

  1. I could not find the matching USB cable, so I could not check if the internal memory is readable via USB.

  2. The two contacts on the side are the connection for the desktop charger. I have idea how they work. On the one phone that mostly works, it shows 0 volts, which is probably due to an internal charge controller or isolating diode. I could not find a drop in charger to test how it works. I think this might be the best solution if you decide to keep using the phone.

  1. I went through my collection of tri-thing drivers and found a few that would sorta fit, but are too loose in the screw head to be usable. The drivers I have on order have not arrived yet.

  2. I would gladly sell or give you one of these phones as a spare, but none of them totally work. Maybe I can supply one after the tri-thing driver arrives, or maybe take your chances on eBay.

Sorry.

--
Jeff Liebermann     jeffl@cruzio.com
 Click to see the full signature

I lied. There is a well hidden microSD socket (in the battery compartment, under the battery cover locking screw). However, it only seems to store pictures, videos, and sounds, not the phone directory. No SIM card socket.

Two USB cables on order:

--
Jeff Liebermann     jeffl@cruzio.com
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Jeff Liebermann

The tri-thing screwdriver set arrived today. The Y000 and Y00 drivers almost fit the screw heads on the Casio Cz'One Rock phones. I managed to extract all the screws from one of the phones. I don't think I can reinsert the screws. Progress, I guess.

On the box of screwdrivers is inscribed: Silverhill Tools gives you 8 sizes in one set. Please note that the sizes represented in this bit set are relative to each other and may correlate to the other 2 triwing sizing standards that exist on the market. Some sizes have been redesigned to provide naming consistency within the set

Three "standards"? Huh? It would appear that Silverhill Tools has run into the same fit problem, and shipped me their best guess and least disgusting compromise. I'll probably end up grinding my own tri-thing bits. Meanwhile, I think I can throw together at least one working phone from the pieces within a week or two.

To be continued, time and blood pressure permitting.