DTMF Switch

Hi,

Anyone know of a "remote controlled" switch that can be operated remotely via DTMF, available for the UK?

I want to dial the phone number, then dial a code to turn on and another one to turn it off. Mains or relay output OK.

I know this is sci.electronics.design, but I would prefer a ready made unit here.

[For those who have watched too many thrillers, it is to power-cycle an ADSL router :) ].

Thanks,

--

John Devereux
Reply to

have a big ugly one advertised in electronics weekly

Reply to
IanM

This one

???

Looks like it would do the job, thanks!

Big and ugly as advertised...

--

John Devereux
Reply to

Yes, that's the one advertised in Electronics World (not electronics weekly, sorry)

shows some alternatives - check out the GSM version!!

Reply to
IanM

[...]

LOL - now *that* is nasty :).

--

John Devereux
Reply to

Find an old cassette based telephone answering machine, the type with remote control of playback. Wire a relay coil across the motor to drop the power of your PC when ye retrieve messages.

--
Adrian C
Reply to

Take a look at the one at