DSP chips for digital audio?

Looking for DSP chips to act as audio digital filter/interpolators and accept I2S standard as used in CD and DVD applications.

Can anyone suggest some?

thank you,

JJ

Reply to
JJ

wavefeont semi al3101 maybe

martin

Reply to
martin griffith

JJ wrote in news:d942d$43deeca8$d135c4af$ snipped-for-privacy@MDI.CA:

Most modern DSPs have I2S interfaces. There are many different reasons to choose a particular DSP. The most popular family of DSPs in professional audio and high performance audio today are Analog Devices' SHARC devices. We manufacture many different boards using SHARC DSPs. We also have several different I/O modules with I2S based audio converters.

--
Al Clark
Danville Signal Processing, Inc.

What's the raw MIPS (FLOPS?) of top end SHARC DSPs?

--
Dirk

The Consensus:-
http://www.theconsensus.org
Reply to
Dirk Bruere at Neopax

Dirk Bruere at Neopax wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@individual.net:

The ADSP-21262 uses a core clock of 200 MHz but can operate in SIMD mode. This means that you can fetch data and modify the pointers for the next time fetch, multiply two sets of fixed or floating point numbers, and add these numbers in a single cycle.

The ADSP-21364 is similar at 333 MHz. ADI claims 2GFLOPs for this part based on all the parallelism.

The upcoming ADSP-21369 will operate up to 400 MHz.

--
Al Clark
Danville Signal Processing, Inc.
Purveyors of Fine DSP Hardware and other Cool Stuff
Available at http://www.danvillesignal.com
Reply to
Al Clark

That sounds rather tempting. What sort of prices 100up?

--
Dirk

The Consensus:-
http://www.theconsensus.org
Reply to
Dirk Bruere at Neopax

Dirk Bruere at Neopax wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@individual.net:

$20+ in hundreds depending on the part. There is also a lower cost ADSP-

21261.

We have a price list on our website for our boards. We also resell Analog Devices Visual DSP, Emulators and EZ-Kits.

--
Al Clark
Danville Signal Processing, Inc.
Purveyors of Fine DSP Hardware and other Cool Stuff
Available at http://www.danvillesignal.com
Reply to
Al Clark

Are there online instructions on how to program the AD chips? How about TI DSP chips?

JJ

Reply to
JJ