DS1102E just orderd

I figured I couldn't pass this one up

I am sure that some one is going to tell me I paid too much.

Oh well, its only money! jamie

Reply to
Jamie

For personal use or for business?

Reply to
John S

Just personal use at home base, it'll match my Rigol AB-Gen. Actually that scope for about 50% of things I do at work as my own tools would most likely be fine too.

Jamie

Reply to
Jamie

Looks like you made a good buy. Have fun!

Reply to
John S

"Jamie" schreef in bericht news:ytdBq.752$ snipped-for-privacy@newsfe04.iad...

Looks like a good scope and a reasonable price. I still use an analog one that suits my needs.

petrus bitbyter

Reply to
petrus bitbyter

Bargain.

I believe you can also buy the cheaper 50MHz model & then install the firmware for the 100MHz model.....

Reply to
Dennis

Me too, I have a 350Mhz Tek 485 with a set of Active probes at home base but It has no digital storage and I do like moving captured data to work. I sometimes bring my work home with.

PLus it'll be a match for the Rigol AB-gen. Bench don't look snappy unless you have matching colors! :)

As it is, I have HP generators, HP RF volt meter (old very Old). I have an EICO Model 377 for Audio use that has been rebuilt and generates very smooth audio.

mine looks that good!

Plus a crap load of other stuff. The List goes onnnnnnnnnnnnn:)

Jamie

Reply to
Jamie

A bit cheaper if you get it directly from China. I bought two recently and saved a few bucks. They came with Chinese standard (angle pins) IEC cords and Y5 adapters! I threw them away and fished a couple normal ones out of the big box of line cords. Oh, and I changed the menu language from Hanzi to Engrish. Look for this character if it's not changed for you:

Saelig is priced pretty competitively. You did fine.

Best regards, Spehro Pefhany

Spehro Pefhany

I understand that even though you can change the firmware which will give you the look and feel of a 100Mhz, there are things that still do not and may not work as well.

It's been a common practice to down grade the specs for equipment to a lesser model of speed and BW due to poor QC on the boards.

Doing the firmware hack does not mean you have all of what you should have at the hardware level.

That's my take on it.

Jamie

Reply to
Jamie

"Jamie" wrote in message news:ytdBq.752$ snipped-for-privacy@newsfe04.iad...

This is really tempting, but I was looking for a 4 channel DSO with perhaps higher bandwidth.

Martin Riddle

"Spehro Pefhany"

** The Chinese adopted the Australia and New Zealand 3 pin AC plug some time back.

.... Phil

Reply to
Phil Allison

sage

ould

Just got a demo when we were buying some new stuff from agilent, (scope, vector analyser) the hardware is the same and always there, but everything from interfaces, analysis features, memory depth, bandwidth etc. etc. depends on what software keys you buy for it

you get all the hardware when you buy the box, but you can only use what you pay for

-Lasse

Reply to
langwadt

In practice, they are currently using a mix of Euro 2-round-pin, North American style parallel pins (but with no ground pin, and no holes in the pins) and the Aussie/NZ style. And HK has the giant Brit style.

This kind of socket fits all three common mainland Chinese ones:

New stuff may be mostly the Aussie plug- at least it has a ground pin, unlike the other two.

Best regards, Spehro Pefhany

Spehro Pefhany

"Jamie" wrote in message news:KqfBq.1010$ snipped-for-privacy@newsfe09.iad...

I have one on my Bench at work ;-)

Wavetek here at home... 20MHz, but I had to jerry-rig the output stage with slow transistors. Good functionality for an analog (well, almost... it has 10k ECL in it) function generator.

Tim

--
Deep Friar: a very philosophical monk.
Tim Williams

"Spehro Pefhany" "Phil Allison"

** You missed the point entirely - f*****ad.

China officially adopted the Aussie style AC plug - it is NOT their design.

It is used in all new installations since about the mid 1980s.

Like any place, AC wiring and outlets still exist from up to 60 or 70 years ago.

FOAD you pedantic twit.

... Phil

Reply to
Phil Allison

Lots of things are "officially adopted". I think you may have missed the point about what is actually used "in practice".

Utter B.S. On a laser I bought recently, the fan and pump are US-style parallel pins (no holes, or ground similar to NEMA 1-15 unpolarized rated 6A and 10A) and the main CO2 laser supply is two-pin Euro style

16A.

New outlets are being installed every day that support the three types. I just bought a power bar last month (at Carrefour) that supports all three. Check out any building supply store there and see.

You really believe there are many 60 or 70 year old buildings in modern Chinese cities? LOL

Whatever.

Best regards, Spehro Pefhany

Spehro Pefhany

I've been salivating over similar scopes I've seen on eBay, but I'm = still=20 pretty happy with my Hitachi VC-6025 which I bought in 1991 for $2308. = At=20 that time I could have bought a Tektronix from a company I had worked = for,=20 at cost, but their scopes had what I considered to be an annoyingly=20 unfriendly user interface.

The scope you got had a higher price but the free shipping made it a = better=20 deal than what I was seeing on eBay:

This one is $329 but $60 shipping:

10

I have thought about getting a hand-held scope for most of my line and = audio=20 frequency needs:

Or possibly this, for only $79:

This also seems pretty nice for $200. Also includes a signal generator:

The cheapest is $49, for a USB scope adapter, but it can only measure up = to=20

3 kHz:

I have designed something that does that, for line frequency = applications.=20 It has a single channel with a sampling rate of 2.4 kHz, but it has a 10 = bit=20 ADC and it has a high sensitivity differential input with eight ranges = from=20

5mV to 1.00V full scale. It is designed to be used with a 1000A 100mV = shunt=20 to measure current from 50 amps to 10,000 amps (pulses).

It has a stated accuracy of 1%, true RMS, but most readings are well = within=20

0.2%. It has been designed especially to measure the true RMS value of = very=20 short 50/60 Hz current pulses, as encountered in circuit breaker and=20 recloser testing, where waveforms less than one cycle are common. It = also=20 measures the duration of these pulses to within 2 mSec.

It has an input impedance of 2kOhms so it can be used for voltages = (1.0Vto=20

200V FS) by adding two 200k series resistors. And the same PCB has a=20 two-channel timer which has a resolution of about 100 uSec.

For more information on the device, which is used for recloser testing, = and=20 also includes a database of test results and recloser curves, see=20

A demo version of the software can be = downloaded.

I also have an older version of the hardware and software which needs = MSDOS=20 and a parallel port to run. I'm retrofitting many of these units and I = have=20 lots of the old PCBs, which use a Maxim AD167 ADC (12 bit). If anyone is =

interested, I'll consider any offer, including trade for other items or=20 donation for school projects, etc. I'd like to find a good home for them =

other than the recycling heap!

Paul

P E Schoen

Very nice, I paid about the same for the 50 MHz version a year or so ago. The one thing I don't like is that it takes a long time to update the screen when doing slow scans. I wonder if Rigol will just get rid of the 'dumbed down' 50 MHz version.

George H.

Reply to
George Herold

Budget here has really had a crunch here. Much as I would have liked to buy a Tek or LeCroy, wound up with two Rigol mixed signal units DS1042CD and DS1052CD. Needed something dedicated for aligning linear encoder systems. Bang for the buck, can't beat them. Eventually will write some automated testing code for it. Also bought through Saelig and got very good support from them. The 1042 had failed while in warranty and got a loaner arranged while ours was being repaired. There is a USA service depot. Had looked at several virtual scope systems and all considered, the Rigol was the best option.

Reply to
Oppie

Have you used the logic analyzer features much? Worthwhile?

I was thinking of picking up an Owon- my logic analyzer is getting a bit long in the tooth (doesn't get used much, but it would be nice to have for debugging quadrature and serial signals).

Reply to
Spehro Pefhany