Drone Attack

ttack Iran in retaliation for downing our drone. It said he was at the poi nt of either saying attack or to stand down. Thankfully he stood down as m any people felt a military response was not warranted and not proportional possibly leading to further hostilities.

iding it was not proportional? Was this part of his strategy to draw his s word then in full view and then put it away without striking? Potentially this could have been an effective threat.

r of potential deaths until he asked at the last minute? Why didn't he ask before ordering the preparations for the attack? Was this

ich is the more accurate assessment of what really happened.

A lot o blabber based on the assumption the news media is publishing accura te information when all they're doing is relaying Pentagon press releases.

Independent investigation of the flight path probably showed the drone was in fact in Iranian airspace, making the shootdown lawful. Taking a full wee k or more to mine and process the data would be typical of the woefully ina dequate workforce tasked with that kind of work.

Reply to
bloggs.fredbloggs.fred

e was

ly he

hy

Was this

ne

Duh-uh-uh-huh. You mean like this:

You don't say...

Reply to
bloggs.fredbloggs.fred

attack Iran in retaliation for downing our drone. It said he was at the p oint of either saying attack or to stand down. Thankfully he stood down as many people felt a military response was not warranted and not proportiona l possibly leading to further hostilities.

eciding it was not proportional? Was this part of his strategy to draw his sword then in full view and then put it away without striking? Potentiall y this could have been an effective threat.

ber of potential deaths until he asked at the last minute? Why didn't he a sk before ordering the preparations for the attack? Was this

which is the more accurate assessment of what really happened.

This is isn't the 1960s anymore, altitude doesn't save you from getting hit by a SAM. And if the drone doesn't have ELINT or similar, it doesn't even know it's being painted by a fire control radar, has no clue a SAM was laun ched and even less of clue of its trajectory. It never sees it coming.

Reply to
bloggs.fredbloggs.fred

snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@googlegroups.com:

BULLSHIT. "Probably"? Probably doesn't get it.

More bullshit. Were that true, we could shoot their craft down for *leaving* their airspace.

Whereas making up stupid shit to support the assholes who committed the attack only takes seconds and yet another retarded Usenet post.

Reply to
DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno

Okaaaay, thanks for the gullible dupe's-eye-view of the situation. Things actually may be worse than you know. There's a good possibility the Iranians took control of the drone to push it into their airspace without t he operator knowing it, or being able to do anything about it. That way the y can destroy it without showing their hand by way of technical capability. Of course the U.S. helped the situation by flying too close to their airsp ace to begin with. It won't be the first time they've done something like t his. Pentagon is probably scrambling to port manufactured geospatials into Power Point, or similar, to add to the ongoing charade, but it's hard getti ng monkeys to perform. You just worry about what you want out of the grub truck for lunch, and sto p stressing out over stuff beyond your grasp.

Reply to
bloggs.fredbloggs.fred

Doesn't that make it not fit-for-purpose where there are enemy SAMs?

Clive
Reply to
Clive Arthur

ot attack Iran in retaliation for downing our drone.

hit by a SAM. And if the drone doesn't have ELINT or similar, it doesn't e ven know it's being painted by a fire control radar, has no clue a SAM was launched and even less of clue of its trajectory. It never sees it coming.

Yes, it most certainly does. If the drone and its mission are absolutely cr itical, they escort it with this:

-and that puts the SAM systems out of operation.

Reply to
bloggs.fredbloggs.fred

attack Iran in retaliation for downing our drone. It said he was at the p oint of either saying attack or to stand down. Thankfully he stood down as many people felt a military response was not warranted and not proportiona l possibly leading to further hostilities.

eciding it was not proportional? Was this part of his strategy to draw his sword then in full view and then put it away without striking? Potentiall y this could have been an effective threat.

ber of potential deaths until he asked at the last minute? Why didn't he a sk before ordering the preparations for the attack? Was this

which is the more accurate assessment of what really happened.

rate information when all they're doing is relaying Pentagon press releases .

Except that we have Trump on record with all his damn fool statements.

Reply to
trader4

ot attack Iran in retaliation for downing our drone.

hit by a SAM. And if the drone doesn't have ELINT or similar, it doesn't e ven know it's being painted by a fire control radar, has no clue a SAM was launched and even less of clue of its trajectory. It never sees it coming.

Sure, once you know that the enemy is going to fire into international airspace. Before that, it was just routine surveillance in international a irspace.

Reply to
trader4

Hillary was all for bombing Gaddafi and gloated when he was killed. She and Obama were all for regime change via military action. That was after Gaddafi made the mistake of trusting the US and handing over his uranium, ending his WMD programs. Lesson learned by NK.

Reply to
trader4

Methinks Rule #1 goes something like: "NEVER EVER DISCLOSE you lanched a cyber attack" ;-)

Reply to
Bert Timmerman

Hi,

FWIW, methinks Trump is not stupid ... he was smart enough to get in the seat ... or somebody put him there.

If Trump is the "problem", what is the *REAL* problem behind this "problem" ?

Reply to
Bert Timmerman

It's not fair, those enemies are just so sneaky!

And who would ever know where it was anyway? All we know for sure is that it was in SAM's purview.

Clive
Reply to
Clive Arthur

t attack Iran in retaliation for downing our drone. It said he was at the point of either saying attack or to stand down.

ot warranted and not proportional possibly leading to further hostilities.

ened

deciding it was not proportional? Was this part of his strategy to draw hi s sword then in full view and then put it away without striking? Potential ly this could have been an effective threat.

er

ve

on?

now

he

mber of potential deaths until he asked at the last minute? Why didn't he ask before ordering the preparations for the attack? Was this

which is the more accurate assessment of what really happened.

eted

at.

rats

That's easy, the trumptards that insisted on Trump when we had 15 other choices in the primary, all far more intelligent, qualified, fit and sane than Trump.

Reply to
trader4

snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@googlegroups.com:

The drones are electronic surveillance fitted. They KNOW when a missile launch occurs within their purview, and that purview is far and wide.

Of course they saw it coming. Because... this isn't the sixties anymore. Doh!

Reply to
DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno

snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@googlegroups.com:

Nice try, punk.

Now, this dipshit thinks the Iranians hacked our drone control waveforms.

Yeah, you need to make retarded class jokes about folks eating from a 'grub truck'.

You're a goddamned idiot, at best.

Reply to
DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno

snipped-for-privacy@optonline.net wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@googlegroups.com:

Except that you were referring to elements of the operation in theater, not Trump's retarded personality.

You dance like a retard too, child.

Reply to
DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno

snipped-for-privacy@optonline.net wrote in news:64d6d810-923c-4b0d-a9fd- snipped-for-privacy@googlegroups.com:

That is our message to Iran.

Reply to
DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno

Define 'gloat'. I dispute that claim.

'were all for', but not 'did'? So you're a mindreader? Or, just making things up?

Gaddafi knew his position better than you, his decision wasn't necessarily a mistake. He died over other issues entirely. No rationale seen for the 'lesson' described, so I dispute that. Study skepticism, you could learn something useful.

Reply to
whit3rd

It would not be the first time.

Jasen Betts