Dr Ben Carson

A different class of person. Personhood is not a unitary thing, not a boolean condition. Even in law, where a company is a legal person, they still differ from "natural persons".

There's nothing stopping us from creating as many new classes of "person" as we find useful.

Reply to
Clifford Heath

Oh, good grief. It certainly is under the law.

Nothing useful in the above philosophy.

Reply to
krw

Then you include IBM, Shell, Bank of America, and all other corporate entities.

Reply to
Robert Baer

Wrong. But do come and play again.

Reply to
krw

Many conservatives here seem to conflate racism with the terms of racism, so they take much effort to studiously avoid using the "bad words" while otherwise pretty much saying whatever.

"I am absolutely sick to DEATH of these 'people of color'/'urban youths' etc."

Then you accuse them of racism and the evidence they present of their lack of bigotry essentially consists of "I didn't use the naughty words" or "I have black friends."

Then they get mad for you calling them names. Then they vote for Trump. You made me do it, you must be punished.

Reply to
bitrex

In summary:

bitrex

Well, ten you do NOT know the law. Corporations are legally persons...

Reply to
Robert Baer

You really aren't very bright. Try a corporation for murder some time.

Reply to
krw

Corporate manslaughter is illegal and there have been prosecutions:

whether it is an effective law is a separate issue.

Reply to
Tom Gardner

Did the corporation go to prison?

Reply to
krw

Irrelevant to your previous statement.

Reply to
Tom Gardner

Of course it isn't. The question is whether corporations are human. They certainly aren't by any measure.

Reply to
krw

"Human" was NOT the term under discussion, bozo.

Reply to
Robert Baer

"Person" doesn't imply "human"? Check your dictionary.

Reply to
krw

Do i have to spell out EVERYTHING? We were talking about the *LAW* WRT persons. The dictionaries you use does not tell one about the legal differences between "person" and "human". The closest one can get is via Law.com; murder", "homicide", "vehicular manslaughter" and "natural person" (n. a real human being, as distinguished from a corporation, which... ).

That last entry is the closest..

Reply to
Robert Baer

You can *try* but you can't even run a web browser, so your chances are *zero* of explaining anything.

If you're talking about CU, then corporations are legally "persons" because they are run by people. They are legal extension *OF* people.

You're an idiot.

You're an idiot. But that's been said before.

Reply to
krw

  • WRONG!

They are legal extension *OF* people.