Dr Ben Carson

I just saw that Dr Ben Carson has indicated he would not be accepting a post in the Trump cabinet, saying he believes he does not have the experience needed to "run an entire agency". WTF???!!! He ran for PRESIDENT!!! What would he have done if he had won the election, step down saying, "I don't have the experience needed to run an entire country"?

There is also what this is saying about Trump and his qualifications. I truly think Ben Carson would have been a *much* worse President than Trump... and that is saying something.

--

Rick C
Reply to

The New Yorker's take on Carson was that he only ran to generate more sales for his books.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to

You seem confused about the roles here. It's actually far easier being president than heading up a department. In the case of the latter, you have to really know what you're doing, manage things to meet targets and expectations, whereas as president you're essentially just a figurehead who takes occasional instructions from Israel whilst spending most of your time on the golf course.

Reply to
Gunther Heiko Hagen

What a pity this isn't true. It is true that Reagan worked that way, but he was glove puppet from the start. Trump is too egocentric and too wilful to take direction - he went through several changes of campaign staff in his campaign for the Republican nomination, and changed a few more during the e lectoral campaign.

The inconsistent pontifications do seem to be real and unrehearsed. Regean was a trained and accomplished movie actor, while Trump was merely a realit y television star. 35 mm film is expensive, and you can only exposed it onc e. Reality TV goes onto rewritable media, which is a lot easier to edit.

We can only hope the electoral college does its editorial job.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to

Might also be a principled man's way of politely declining to work with someone whose stand on moral issues is too far from his own.

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

Reply to
Phil Hobbs

Another Democrat racist

Reply to
djlocher56

Plausible. But he was a successful brain surgeon.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to

rote:

he was glove puppet from the start. Trump is too egocentric and too wilful to take direction - he went through several changes of campaign staff in hi s campaign for the Republican nomination, and changed a few more during the electoral campaign.

n was a trained and accomplished movie actor, while Trump was merely a real ity television star. 35 mm film is expensive, and you can only exposed it o nce. Reality TV goes onto rewritable media, which is a lot easier to edit.

They won't, they're political hacks, and the electors chosen to vote Trump are the lowest of the low. The rest of the world "ain't seen nothing yet!"

Reply to
bloggs.fredbloggs.fred

Yes, I'm sure the past Presidents were all figureheads. lol!

--

Rick C
Reply to

That certainly is a possibility. Carson just has a funny way of expressing himself... as usual.

--

Rick C
Reply to

??? You know nothing of my politics and you certainly can't support a claim I am a racist.

--

Rick C
Reply to

Trump doesn't seem to be especially immoral. He seems like a decent guy. Carson did endorse him and helped him campaign.

jlarkin att highlandtechnology dott com
http://www.highlandtechnology.com

Trump's views were formed by Norman Vincent Peale, iiuc.

Trump's pro-choice, so running the NIH (for example) would face Carson with either trying to shut down fetal stem cell research with no backup from his boss, or being complicit in the murder of millions of innocents.

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

Reply to
Phil Hobbs

What makes you think Dr. Carson would want to shut down fetal stem cell research?

Anti-late-term abortion doesn't make you anti-everything.

I'm anti-late-term abortion but I'm not anti-abortion... it keeps the heathen birth-rate down >:-} ...Jim Thompson

             I'm looking for work... see my website.

What part of "being complicit in the murder of millions of innocents" didn't you get?

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

Reply to
Phil Hobbs

At what point between one second after conception and one second before birth does a fetus become a person?

Please provide scientific justification for your answer.

Reply to
bitrex

The point I'm trying to make is that I'm also against late-term abortions in any but the most exceptional circumstances. But I certainly don't consider a four cell cluster to be a human in any way.

But I then have to acknowledge that means that I must implicitly believe there is a precise moment in time, like 4:37 PM on October 24th, where the act of abortion changes from not-murder to murder.

Which is a very strange notion.

Reply to
bitrex

Like I say, I'm libertarian, so a woman's right to an abortion is her choice. It just seems to me that choice should be before the third trimester when the fetus is definitely viable... THEN I would call that murder. ...Jim Thompson

             I'm looking for work... see my website.

That's the problem.

No, that's your job.

Reply to
krw

How about other inconvenient family members, such as grandfathers with mone y?

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

Reply to
Phil Hobbs