Does This Plier Exist?

I'm looking for a Plier much like an olive or cherry pitter, but with a larger diameter push-rod and a back-side hole diameter of 1" to

1-1/8"

Does such a thing exist?

...Jim Thompson

 Click to see the full signature

Haven't seen one. Im thinking that the force required to push a 1" diameter punch or whatever through most materials would render a plier configuration less than optimal.

I Googled lever press and this popped to the top of the list:

For a 1" hole, I think this is more or less what will be available. Punches and dies sold separately, of course.

 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Paul Hovnanian P.E.

Here is a small Arbor press at Harbor Freight for $50:

prove it.
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

You could be a little more retarded, just not as much as you are in this thread.

Reply to
GoldIntermetallicEmbrittlement

Too much force at that diameter.

Greenlee makes hand cranked as well as hydraulic driven hole punches.

Here's a China model.

ChairmanOfTheBored

No intense force needed. Very cold object is foil packaging cuts fingers ;-)

...Jim Thompson

 Click to see the full signature

Certainly ;-)

...Jim Thompson

 Click to see the full signature

Get ur self a cheap set of channel lock pliers and weld the pieces you need on the jaws.

You must know some one around that can do that for you?

Real Programmers Do things like this.
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Jamie

You could be a human, but mot in this lifetime.

prove it.
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

OK, Yoda. ;-) I think I know what you are up to. You want something that can punch through the file packaging. The tolerances will probably have to be closer than those for an olive pitter or the foil will just fold around the punch. There are large paper punches sold at some arts an crafts shops that might fit the bill.

 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Paul Hovnanian P.E.

As I write, I'm studying a snap-fastener plier to see if I can adapt it.

In the packaging is the frozen food for my salt water fish ;-)

...Jim Thompson

 Click to see the full signature

Then why would you need a one inch hole?

Reply to
AnimalMagic

It's cubes, ~1" on the diagonal.

...Jim Thompson

 Click to see the full signature

I thought you fed them with annoying posters from s.e.d.

 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Paul Hovnanian P.E.

[snip]

Nope. It's my son who has the Piranha ;-)