Does this exist as off-the-shelf?

Does this exist as off-the-shelf?...

I've run out of pieces of my spoils from my GenRad days ;-)

Doesn't have to be anywhere near this big... just as versatile.

So many G-jobs, so little time ;-) ...Jim Thompson

Well, there are a lot of breadboards with IC holes. What characteristic of that one are you looking for? The ground plane?

Reply to
flipper

Jim, Will this do?

The 8007 looks like it might be a good replacement...

Jon

Jon

I do like ground planes, and thru-holes... virtually everything in my junk box is DIP ;-)

I like the multiple connections per IC pin.

I laid this out myself around 1980, roughly 1' x 1' (for bread-boarding IC designs using "kit parts" :-)

I still have the films, though they're in shabby shape. I guess I could re-layout a smaller version and run it thru one of those quicky PCB web sites.

Recommendations for who is best? ...Jim Thompson

I was looking for a similar thing, here's what I found.

Board-902-/270618673884

A much smaller one...

asdf

Thanks! Good leads! ...Jim Thompson

Well, even Radio Shack has some 'I.C.' breadboards with multiple tie points but not ground planed, I don't think.

You might try Mouser.

I did some small boards a couple of years ago but don't remember who I used. Two different ones I think.

Cost depends on how your options, quantities, and sizes fit in the price breaks. Like, on one I went for an .093" PCB and that made a significant difference on who was 'best'.

Oh wait, now I remember. Yeah, well, checking the orders in my project folder helped ;)

The second one is U.S.

Cool, my account is still active there.

I just send Gerbers and they make them from that. Well, plus drill, fabrication, and readme all zippity doo daa'd into one file. I'm not sure they would even take film for small orders but I didn't have any so I didn't check.

Wouldn't say I necessarily 'recommend' either as I was going for least expensive (for 2 layer with solder mask and top silk screen), and you may have a different criteria, but both delivered usable product.

If I remember correctly registration may have been a bit off of what I'm used to for 'top notch' but they were acceptable and maybe I'm just being picky. At any rate they worked perfectly fine.

Reply to
flipper

Check also this one:

asdf

If you don't mind waiting for a couple of weeks, BatchPCB is quite economical. It's even possible that one of their existing customers has laid out a suitable prototype board of this sort, and contributed the Gerbers to the public good (in which case, ordering one or more boards would be a matter of a few clicks).

Dave Platt

Also a good one! ...Jim Thompson

| 1962 |

I still use vectorboard (started with unclad board and 'flea clips') for the occasional prototyping with dips. More often these days I just use Eagle CAD to make up some boards for SMT. Unfortunately many of the newer components are just not available in DIP to prototype with. We use a few boards in Eurocard format. Vector has those too and fits the connector well. Oppie

Reply to
Oppie

If you are going to run a batch there may be others here, besides myself, who would like to "get in" on the order. A little bit of volume may make it enough cheaper to be worth the hassle of sending (selling) off "extras".

Reply to
josephkk