Does this chip exist?

Does anyone make a simple 1/2 H-bridge, where the controls are two _logic_ inputs: TopDeviceOn, BottomDeviceOn (I'd settle for a single input) ??

All I've found are complex muthers with 4-to-a-package and algorithms out the ying-yang. ...Jim Thompson

 Click to see the full signature

There are dozens, if not hundreds of those chips. Most are capable of operating at high voltages (for offline conversion) but these also work well at low voltages.

The IR2110 is a classic example. Lin and Hin inputs control up to 500V low-side and high-side MOSFETs. 2A gate drive. $1.27 at Future, over 5k in stock.

Other driver ICs are limited to lower voltages, but are faster, e.g. the IRS20124, 200V, works to 1MHz, as low as 15ns deadtime. Onlt one input, internal circuits take care of the adjustable deadtime. For class-D audio. IR offers optimized MOSFET pairs.

Lots of other manufacturers, good competition.

--
 Thanks,
    - Win

I think Jim's looking for actual monolithic H-bridges, not drivers for MOSFETs that are in an H-bridge configuration.

IIRC, some of the low-side gate drivers look like they might work, but you have to do some creative reading on the data sheet, and the top current will be nothing like what it can pulse out to a gate for a few microseconds.

--
Tim Wescott
Wescott Design Services
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Tim Wescott

In the low amps range, a mosfet driver chip is all lots of apps need. IXDN602 for example. It's rated 35 volts, 2 amps per section, and you can parallel the two sections. Fast and cheap.

Everybody makes 4427 types, too.

lunatic fringe electronics
 Click to see the full signature

Yep, Although a driver capable of 300mA would suffice.

...Jim Thompson

 Click to see the full signature

use a gate driver?

--
  \_(?)_
Reply to

What I'm looking for is a true 1/2 H-bridge, say 15-20V max, 300-500mA source and sink capability, logic level controls.

This is something a client needs off-the-shelf... if it were a chip design it'd be a piece-a-cake... I already have several running in custom security camera control chips. ...Jim Thompson

 Click to see the full signature

you want something capable of high/low/open ?

how would you do that with one input?

-Lasse

Reply to
Lasse Langwadt Christensen

Don't need open, but I can work with two input style. ...Jim Thompson

 Click to see the full signature

Something like this?

Another category would be motor drivers with logic state plus coast function.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/
Reply to
Joerg

That's a bit of over-kill... I need only ~15V

...Jim Thompson

 Click to see the full signature

5.pdf

then there is lots of low side gate drivers to choose from they are usually rated for 18V

-Lasse

Reply to
Lasse Langwadt Christensen

Just ditch the bootstrap. But there's more of this kind of chip around. Look at motor drivers as well.

[...]
--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/
Reply to
Joerg

Maybe something like a TI TPS2812?

2 input 15V 100ma
--
Chisolm
Republic of Texas

Looks like that might work... it has 100mA continuous capability.

Thanks! ...Jim Thompson

 Click to see the full signature

How about L272? It's not fast, but you get two in the package.

Reply to
whit3rd

the TC4421 is rated for 2A in to220

-Lasse

Reply to
Lasse Langwadt Christensen

Sounds about like a motor driver IC for a VCR. Unfortunately they are proba bly all out of production so you don't want them for new designs.

But then this sounds so simple that discrete components might be the way to go. I mean, you just want to turn on two transistors at will ? And you wan t it open circuit when not "triggered" ? I wouldn't even bother with an IC for that. But you probably have your reasons. I can't read your mind. Arixo na has that t... nevermind.

Reply to
jurb6006

That's peak, and "test" is done at 10mA ;-) ...Jim Thompson

 Click to see the full signature

ms

are you reading the same datasheet?

Ipk 9A typical, Idc 2A minimum @ 10-18V 25'C