Does there exist software that...

Does there exist software that behaves much like DropBox, but "drops" directly into your own website?

Right now it's fire up WSFTP, login, and scoot around the directory trees finding the files, before transferring. ...Jim Thompson

 Click to see the full signature

Sure. sshfs on Linux, ExpanDrive on Windows. Makes it look just like any other directory. I use both of them daily.

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

--
Dr Philip C D Hobbs
Principal Consultant

Why don't you use its synchronise facility? I find that is pretty effective provided you add a few rules to avoid moving 'Doze specific dross and various rubble left by untidy applications.

The re can be issues with filenames if your host is a Unix server and your web editor is Dozy. On Unix unix, uNix, unIx are all unique files.

--
Regards,
Martin Brown

    ...Jim Thompson

Not sure about your OS, but have a look at

Rocky

ExpanDrive: Co-o-o-ol! I think

Got it! Yep, it IS co-o-o-ol! Just had to wade my way thru all that obscure Eunuchs syntax >:-} ...Jim Thompson

 Click to see the full signature

What's Thompson on about again? That's exactly what I already do:

But then, I run my own web server. ;-)

Tim

--
Deep Friar: a very philosophical monk.
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Tim Williams

OOoooh.._THAT_ would be ultra neat.

Reply to
Robert Baer

netdrive?

--
?? 100% natural

Jasen Betts

FileZilla works great on Windows. It's free, open source, claims to support Mac OS X and Linux as well.

Best regards,

Bob Masta DAQARTA v7.10 Data AcQuisition And Real-Time Analysis

Scope, Spectrum, Spectrogram, Sound Level Meter Frequency Counter, Pitch Track, Pitch-to-MIDI FREE Signal Generator, DaqMusic generator Science with your sound card!

Reply to
Bob Masta

On modern ftp clients, you should be able to specify a directory where it will automatically go to once you log in. If WSFTP doesn't have this function, then switch to FileZilla. It's free and works very well. It also has a directory compare function between the remote and local sites so you can see what's out of sync.

--
Mark
Reply to

ExpanDrive is now working great, my SED page simply shows up in Windows Explorer like a local drive.

The Eunuchs style "local path" notation: //home/analog-innovations/www is what is required to get it working. I only got there by stumbling... the standard statistical drunken-walk always gets you results >:-}

BTW: What's the latest and greatest PC I should buy for PSpice?

I also have to find some reason to get to Santa Barbara, renew old friendships, and visit some wonderful restaurants :-) ...Jim Thompson

 Click to see the full signature

This is strange. You have always been able to set the initial starting directories under the "startup" settings for each site local and remote folders. And you can view the tree by clicking on the folders icon.

I don't see why you are struggling it is all there in TFM.

WS_FPT Pro has been able to do what you want and more for ages (possibly at least a decade) including synchronising a pair of directory structures on different platforms automagically.

For pain free updates the synchronise website thing is a doddle! (in the subdirectory "Utilities" - bet you have never looked in it)

--
Regards,
Martin Brown

ExpanDrive has no "TFM". My problem was simply one of not knowing Eunuchs directory notation.

Seems I have WSFTP (1995 :-)

...Jim Thompson

 Click to see the full signature

The oldest I have installed is v7.62 ca 2002 build They are now on version 12.xx

You really should buy new software at least once per decade!

Sometimes there are genuine improvements - real user benefits as opposed to extra buggy features for marketing to play tick box with. (the ambiguity is deliberate - always avoid newly released software)

Software wears in with use unlike hardware which wears out.

--
Regards,
Martin Brown

Smirk! I still have one PC running Win2K >:-}

I hate change... at least in software... in chip technologies I love the challenges ;-) ...Jim Thompson

 Click to see the full signature

Only if the programmers fix bugs rather than adding new ones.

--
These are my opinions.  I hate spam.
Reply to

As for computers, something with an Intel I7-3770K processor (Quad-core, hyperthreaded). As for memory, 8GB minimum (memory is really cheap these days) as Win7 is a memory hog (eats 1GB instantly). PSpice is probably still single threaded, so the extra cores won't do much for you, but the raw processing speed will. LTspice can make use of multiple cores. Some of the photo imaging programs I use really zip along with the I7.

Our little quaint town is still about the same. Take a relaxing drive up the coast if you get stuck in LA-LA land.

--
Mark
Reply to

Statistics are about 50:50 for removing a bug and not adding a new one.

I will concede that is lamentable, but it is unfortunately *TRUE*.

--
Regards,
Martin Brown