do you know science?

Not exactly. Glass is in fact not solid, but extremly viscose liquid, what is no surprise, as there is no phase change from melted glass.

It is well know fact that 100-200 years old lense telescopes have lost their optical quality because of lense deformations. But I think is hardly noticable on window glass.

Objection due lack of production uniformity makes sense too, but being rather random factor.

--
Poutnik
Reply to

I have always thought it is oxygen dihydride......

--
Poutnik
Reply to

AFAIK farther due tide affect ( not only to water, but also Earth core )

--
Poutnik
Reply to

| >| If electricity goes around a circuit and returns to the battery.. why | >| does the battery go flat? | | Because it is nothing more than a big spring. | >| | >| If a goat is tied to a fence post on the edge of a circular field..How | >| long must the rope be so that the goat can only eat half the grass? | >| | >Now you are getting serious. | >

| If the Goat is at the edge, not only would the length matter, but the | height at which one ties the rope to the fence post would also matter, | since the grass is at your feet.

| Fence OA height is needed (to give least and most requisite). Fence | 'tie point' height. Goat neck diameter. | Diameter of the field.

As the area of grass to be reached is less than the field diameter yet more than the radius the question is not trivial. The goat is tied to a fence post on the EDGE of a circular field - if the rope is the field diameter it can graze ALL the field. If the rope is the field radius then the goat gets less than half the field. So the rope length is more than the radius and less than the diameter.

Androcles

dissolve the salt.

Jon

Reply to
Jon Kirwan

Yes that's the right drawing.

No I don't have an answer.

Reply to
CWatters

  • The blanket, the bed, or you?

  • Only when paddling against the wind.

  • Only when paddling backwards

  • Only when it has toes.

  • Examples? Shoot..thought you were Kellogs serious.
Reply to
Robert Baer

The pound of feathers, naturally...it is all in the air...

Reply to
Robert Baer

Talk to the ad guys..especially Mister Ad Ver dePois...

Reply to
Robert Baer

| | Yes that's the right drawing. | | No I don't have an answer. | Try Simpson's Rule.

Androcles

Gold measured in troy pounds?

Best regards, Spehro Pefhany

Spehro Pefhany

In traditional nautical terms, "fast" means "fastened", or unmoving.

Reply to
Richard Henry

"The Journey is the reward"

eff.com

Indeed. A troy pound is 373 grams, a commercial avoirdupois pound is

454 grams.
Reply to
Richard Henry

This is a physics problem, so you have to assume the boat is sailing in a vacuum.

John

I have heard sailing boats are all slow in vacuum, so fast sailing boat does not exist, neither its mast the marble is supposed to fall from.

BTW physics does not afraid fluid dynamics, only physicists having to calculate it.

--
Poutnik
Reply to

An old man would be better off never having been born.

hans>

... ahahaha ... But Bill, there are there are a few ways out, away from your suicidal 1-liner above:

1) The pharma way: Get loaded and kill the pain. Most Geriatrics chose this way. You'll have plenty company. It's also the quickest way to catch a ride on the intergalactic freight train for souls.
2) The way of the Wuss: Become "reborn", like the bible beaters do. Pray and hope for the best. It's an iffy but common choice. But watching the phony, artificial, oily and tormented smile of its practitioners... shows that its propaganda is better then its usefulness and effectiveness...
3) The Macho way: Face the Apocalypse & repeat after Marlon Brando: ||| "It?s a long lonely journey... but now I know why it ||| is called the magnificent horror with its moral terror ||| & its endless darkness. --- Horror has a face and ||| you must make friends with horror. Horror & moral ||| terror are your friends, for if they are not, then they ||| are enemies to be feared. They are truly enemies... ... If you can manage this choice, you've got it made. But very few do have the moral strength to do so.
4) Laugh everything off, knowing but ignoring that the shit will hit the fan anyway and regardless... ...This latter choice is the most elegant way as it provides you with the needed "Gallows' humor". It works great if you develop the mechanism to have easy access to the release of your own endorphins...

I hope you enjoyed my sermon, Bill, and if not thanks for the laughs anyway... ahahahanson

Reply to
hanson

=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D

.

And is spherical.

Reply to
Richard Henry

5) Go for Quantum Immortality, or if you're a REAL man Quantum Suicide tied to a lottery win situation 6) Accept the Simulation Argument is extremely likely and prepare to meet the geek in charge of your life
--
Dirk

http://www.neopax.com/technomage/ - My new book - Magick and Technology
Reply to
Dirk Bruere at NeoPax

The east end of the Panama Canal is on which ocean?

How many states in the United States? Hint: The answer is 44.

--
Many thanks,

Don Lancaster

Explain.

The only thing I could think of is: Commonwealth of Kentucky Commonwealth of Massachusetts Commonwealth of Pennsylvania Commonwealth of Virginia

Reply to
JeffM