Do not hire?

Do not hire? Perhaps that's the way to handle the idiocy...

is simply to put out a "Do no hire" order within our companies... if you're from Californica, go back... no jobs for idiots here ;-) ...Jim Thompson

| 1962 |

Understanding is a fountain of life to one who has it, But the instruction of fools is folly. Proverbs 16:22

I won't miss statues of politicians.

You seem to assume that anyone "from California" conforms to your bigoted assumptions.

You're just jealous.

--

John Larkin   Highland Technology, Inc   trk

jlarkin att highlandtechnology dott com
http://www.highlandtechnology.com

No, I just can't believe that the percentage of idiots is so high ;-) ...Jim Thompson

      Understanding is a fountain of life to one who has it,
      But the instruction of fools is folly.  Proverbs 16:22

You have no data about the "percentage of idiots." But it doesn't seem very smart for you to spend all your time prowling for insults about California. Why not Illinois or Connecticut or Alabama?

Because you're jealous. Lots of people are afraid that California is as beautiful as they have heard, so they find reasons to rag it.

THEY are the idiots.

Speaking of idiots, in honor of Saint Stupid's Day, I did the box on the right 10 times in a row without crashing.

I figured I was pushing my luck, so I quit for the day.

--

John Larkin   Highland Technology, Inc   trk

jlarkin att highlandtechnology dott com
http://www.highlandtechnology.com

Who gives a rat's ass?

I'm only afraid that the Californica craziness will spill over into Arizona and ruin our state.

Though I do see hope, various cities and counties in Californica are rebelling against Moonbeam and his cronies.

{Though more taxes would serve you right >:-}

...Jim Thompson

      Understanding is a fountain of life to one who has it,
      But the instruction of fools is folly.  Proverbs 16:22

Californians probably feel the same thing in reverse. Maybe the California-Arizona wall could be a joint project.

Reply to
bitrex

Obviously YOU do.

Reply to
John S

I do. When I decided to leave New Orleans, I researched America seriously for six months. The finalists were Portland and SF, with the lower pollen count of SF tipping the decision. Skiing was mandatory, as was cool weather and smart people. After I decided where to move, then I looked for a job. It was a design project.

It's worked pretty well so far. Your anti-California obcession makes no sense.

It's a big state, hardly monolithic. 164,000 square miles, 900 miles end to end. Reading HotAir rants and making generalizations is dumb.

Some people pay to go on vacations, to wonderful places for a few weeks, where they are treated like tourists. I live in a wonderful place full-time, which works out to be a much better deal.

Move to West Virginia if your priority is cheap.

--

John Larkin   Highland Technology, Inc   trk

jlarkin att highlandtechnology dott com
http://www.highlandtechnology.com

You missed using your soul-buddy's phrase, "Jim-out-of-touch...".

What a turd you are, John, falling back to crap like that. ...Jim Thompson

      Understanding is a fountain of life to one who has it,
      But the instruction of fools is folly.  Proverbs 16:22

No, Californians don't spend a lot of time researching insults about Arizona. Most Californians probably think it's an OK place, what with the Grand Canyon and stuff.

--

John Larkin   Highland Technology, Inc   trk

jlarkin att highlandtechnology dott com
http://www.highlandtechnology.com

If you value economy over life-style issues, live somewhere cheap. That's your choice, and I did not insult you for having that priority. I didn't say that Arizona is bad, just that it doesn't suit me personally.

The only thing I have insulted you about lately is making silly generalizations about a state of 164,000 square miles, 482 municipalities, and 39 million people.

--

John Larkin   Highland Technology, Inc   trk

jlarkin att highlandtechnology dott com
http://www.highlandtechnology.com

Who voted for Moonbeam and cronies ?:-) ...Jim Thompson

      Understanding is a fountain of life to one who has it,
      But the instruction of fools is folly.  Proverbs 16:22

[snip]

I don't value "economy" over life-style issues, whatever that's supposed to mean, but I _do_ value some sanity in LAW.

The California legislature is insane.

MANY layers of posts back into the past show that I sought to _escape" West Virginia... which I did... at low cost >:-} ...Jim Thompson

      Understanding is a fountain of life to one who has it,
      But the instruction of fools is folly.  Proverbs 16:22

Sounds kinda like how Red Sox fans obsessed over the Yankees for decades, particularly when the Yankees were in their most recent prime circa late 1990s and Yankees fans were like "Red Sox who? Oh you mean that team we crushed the other day yeah we call them #4 this week."

Reply to
bitrex

So is the US Congress. I ignore both whenever I can. You can ignore the Ca legislature even easier than I can. So why don't you?

It cost me nothing to move here; a company paid all my expenses. In those days, an apartment in SF, an entire flat in fact, could be found and rented in an hour for $315 a month.

I wouldn't want to be a recent grad, with student loans, moving to the Silicon Valley area now.

You are being tribal. Arizona good, California bad.

This could be better, but it's worth reading and thinking about:

She makes the point that tribalism (around race, language, place of residence, football teams) is pervasive and overpowers humanity and reason.

--

John Larkin   Highland Technology, Inc   trk

jlarkin att highlandtechnology dott com
http://www.highlandtechnology.com

Why do guys wear football jerseys with the player's names on the back, anyway? Like why would you want to walk around wearing a shirt with some _other_ dude's name on your back. Seems a little...eeh I don't know about that one.

Reply to
bitrex

Seems a remarkably stupid way to filter potential employees, even for Jim T hompson. You can get clever people from really unpromising places, like Wes t Virginia, though Louisiana might be a step too far. Within-population var iation is always a lot bigger than between-population variation.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney (though from Tasmania originally)
Reply to

California is full of massive fraud and waste:

bloggs.fredbloggs.fred
[snip]
[snip]

Nope. If anything I post to discourage immigration to Arizona... we don't need any more immigrants, foreign or domestic.

hotter than hell ;-)

What I do fear is the Californification of Arizona, and, for that matter, the whole country.

Unfortunately I suspect that all is already lost. Trump dropped the ball when he came into office _cordially_. He should have kicked ass and fired _everyone_ the day he entered office.

I foresee a bloodbath in the elections later this year.

It will have no effect on me... I'm too old to matter.

But it will spell the ruination of the USA as we once knew it. ...Jim Thompson

      Understanding is a fountain of life to one who has it,
      But the instruction of fools is folly.  Proverbs 16:22

I don't.