DIY Headphone Amp

I have a new MP3 player which uses a single battery. To get better sound I designed and build an amp.

The design is discussed at

.

Check it out.

Reply to
Dieter Knollman

What a confusion... Even if you are proud to have archieved a "better" sound, you should have thrown away your MP3 player, if it cannot even drive headphones. And I really had to laugh. You now carry 2 additional expensive batteries plus all that opamp mess around with you? And the best bit: The sound is so good because "no capacitor in the signal path"... after mp3 and a classD unfiltered output stage! Boy you are prone to become an Audiophool.

--
ciao Ban
Apricale, Italy

Doesn't seem that bad ... Audiophoolery would require some heavy guage wire filled with some gas, right?

Class D amps can sound pretty good these days. I'm playing with one in the lab now, seeing how much RF it makes ... I might need a ham license.

Frank Raffaeli

Frank Raffaeli

If thats true. I'm sure a filter would be in order into the aux, amplifier. It sounds like this thing should work and might a good canidate to include on their datasheet, but as a worthwhile project I suggest delivering it to HeadWise.

greg

Reply to
GregS

Don't be so hard on the man. I built some headphone amps recently and I got a lot out of the article. It's not that well written but it has a lot of good info in it.

Andrew

Reply to
andrew queisser

sorry IMHO it is more adaequate for the basics NG.

--
ciao Ban
Apricale, Italy