DIP IC heat sinks

I need bidirectional control anyway so with respect to the die heating/same package issue I could put one amp of each "channel" on alternate chips, spin one way and the lower output BJTs of chip 1, amp 1 and chip 2, amp 1 are switched fully on and saturated, while the upper output transistors of chip 1, amp 2 and chip 2, amp 2 are acting the power-burning emitter followers, and spin the other way vice versa

Reply to
bitrex

The offset voltages of the two op amps won't be matched that well, leading to current flowing between the two outputs. Ballast resistors keep that under control.

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

--
Dr Philip C D Hobbs
Principal Consultant

http://electrooptical.net
http://hobbs-eo.com
Reply to
Phil Hobbs

This usually works:

jlarkin att highlandtechnology dott com
http://www.highlandtechnology.com

And Mouser never seems to be able to keep them in stock. :-(

Reply to
Dave Platt

I hope everything worked out. Surgery is scary, I got knocked out to get a finger worked on, and it took hours for them to get me back up to temperature.

George H.

Reply to
George Herold

Thanks, George. She's back home now, and walking with a cane. She managed the front porch steps like a champ.

There's a lot of crappy info out there about meds and diet and stuff, but the actual practice of medicine has improved a lot.

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

--
Dr Philip C D Hobbs