Digikey slow today?

Anyone else noticed it? Response times are very slow, sometimes over

5sec per click. Download of datasheets, drawings and such is fast, same as usual. It really slows down my work. Mouser and others are like usual but their search engines are not good.
--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/
Reply to
Joerg

Looks okay here at 3:30 PM EDT.

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

--
Dr Philip C D Hobbs
Principal Consultant

No problems from my end. (I was on a few times today, I've been thinking I should just make digikey my home page... that might save me a few clicks per day.)

George H.

Reply to
George Herold

I have it as the default search engine in the top bar of Firefox.

Was using it earlier-- seemed as good as always to me.

Reply to
Spehro Pefhany

Since George and Spehro didn't have problems either, maybe it's our local DNS server. Still slow. Best was Farnell today, "Down for maintenance", it said. I thought that wasn't supposed to happen at distributors.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/
Reply to
Joerg

There are third-party DNS providers you can use, e.g. DynDNS, as well as the 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4 Google servers. There are more at

.

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

--
Dr Philip C D Hobbs
Principal Consultant
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Phil Hobbs

LEVEL 3' DNS server are good. Most ISP's peer off them.

You can benchmark them and others with GRC's dnsbench.

Martin Riddle

Try the Mouser online PDF catalog. The Mouser paper catalog was always far superior to any other disty catalog, for finding stuff.

Reply to
Robert Baer

Joerg schrieb:

Hello,

the DNS server is used only once to get the numerical address. If several consecutive requests to the same server are slow, it is not a DNS problem.

Bye

Reply to
Uwe Hercksen

Well, whatever it was, today it is fixed. Huge difference.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/
Reply to
Joerg

Not very practical if you want to look for FETs with certain parameters et cetera. Nothing beats the Digikey search engine, and it seems nothing ever will. Well, except for EasySabre but that's been gone now for many years.

I've got the three main ones here. Good for browsing but not if you are looking for a part with a certain set of parameters.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/
Reply to
Joerg

AKA DNS caching.

Do people really consider Digikey a distributor?

Reply to
miso

Maybe it was all the folks trying to figure out what to do with their NASDAQ orders...

--
Chisolm
Republic of Texas