Digikey Search Results Listing Zero Stock??

I typed in LMV822 and got a table of parts. The top row (assuming no web changes) has quantity available = 0 for digikey part 296-17406-1-ND. Clicking on the digikey part number goes to page showing 6181 in stock!!! ??? Not O....

I only did this because my BS alarm went off :) D from BC

Reply to
D from BC

I don't know what you're talking about but often the "cut tape" version will be 0 stock but the reel version will have tons in stock. Usually if you order the "cut tape" part in this situation they'll take some off the reel, even though the ordering system will flag it as b/o.

Reply to
a7yvm109gf5d1

Shows 6181 in stock right now. But currently the Digikey site seems to be flopping around in the wind. The transfer to some "new and improved" search engine has probably done them in, big time.

Had a similar experience this morning. Lots of stock last week, designed the part in (LP324 in TSSOP). Checked this morning and, gasp, zero. A few hours later there was stock again, about the same number I saw last week. I guess there are some managers pacing the hallways over there, screaming and hollering.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com
Reply to
Joerg

Yes...it is showing 6181 now and then I checked the other variations that are showing 0. I'm going to list the ones because that's 2x now that I've noticed bogus 0 stock and then it changed.

If LMV822 is used as search keyword the table results show 0 stock at my end.

296-17407-1-ND 296-18463-1-ND 296-18464-1-ND It's not 0 if one clicks on the digi-number. D from BC
Reply to
D from BC

Hmm, not from here in California. I just tried it again. LMV822 as the search word leads to 296-17406-1-ND as a first item with 6181 in stock. Next is 296-17407-1-ND with 269 parts and that one you said showed zero stock at your place. Interesting, now they seem to have managed to split it up by region or IP address or whatever. Oh man.

I'd like to be a fly on the wall during their next board meeting when the financials are presented.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com
Reply to
Joerg

I wonder if your brower is cashe-ing the pages.? Maybe an "F5" would update your screen.

I been burned by this before -- and now have all local cashe turned OFF! (But not burned by visiting a Digikey page - fyi.)

And hey, its Monday here in the US. I for one am not terribly suprised.

Digikey is still top-notch when it comes to customer service.!!! I didn't care much for their recent "update" either, and am glad it was short-lived.

But those of us who have spent weeks tracking down a^^holes who can't even be bothered to call you back when you leave multiple messages.... (I am very tempted to name names, but I'm going to bite my tongue...) And don't forget: They're in SALES. Hello???!?

Reply to
mpm

I tested again after reading this.... Using LMV822 as keyword...and looking at table results.... And all the items I previous listed as 0 stock are now showing stock???

That is strange.... >:(

I do start in

but it does take me to:
if that has anything to do with it.. Dunno... But I certainly don't trust 0 table results at the moment.

Thanks for checking D from BC

Reply to
D from BC

My browser doesn't use cache (turned off). But even before it always picked a fresh page when using a search engine.

That is most certainly true. Never been disappointed, except for recent web site "improvements". They should stick to the old saying: If it ain't broken, don't fix it.

Oh yeah, know what you mean. There are certain companies that are on my "don't use unless you really have to" list. Then there are a few that are on the "never, ever, use their chips" list. The latter includes a company well known for vaporware ;-)

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com
Reply to
Joerg

Bypassed the proxy server... And in Internet Options>General>Settings>checked off (check for newer versions of stored pages to Every visit to the page.)

Then I tried the digikey site.

I went searching randomly for 0 stock items from the search results table .. Found a 0 stock item and then clicked on the digi-part number ...there's stock!!

Clicked back in the browser...

The table still shows zero stock...

Then I click on refresh and now the table shows stock...but only for that part number... I repeated on another part number and it does the same thing.. ???? D from BC

Reply to
D from BC

..Not bypassed...In other words...not using my ISP's proxy server..direct.. D from BC

Reply to
D from BC

By the way...I'm not bashing digikey in any way. It's my favorite place to shop. Sometimes I buy the most expensive parts just to beef up my bill to avoid that $6.50CAD handling charge for orders under $32.50CAD :)

It's just that I have this new bizarre 0 stock web bug at my end.. D from BC

Reply to
D from BC