Did you listen to Gunsmoke on Radio?

Mikek

PS. I have 3 stations on my internet radio that play oldies radio. Gunsmoke, Philip Marlowe, Lone Ranger, Jack Benny, Have Gun Will Travel, Our Miss Brooks, The FatMan, Fibber Magee and Molly, or as I said, oldies radio.

Old Valve Radio.

Alltime Oldies Radio Theater Channel

20th Century Radio
amdx

I love Internet radio. Since I got it (two, actually), I dropped XM. They're still trying like hell ($4/mo vs. $18?) to get me back, though. Maybe, if I get a new car.

Reply to
krw

On oldies radio I mostly listen to '50's rock 'n' roll ;-)

Thanks for the links. Hopefully they'll work with my Roku Soundbridge, which frees up the PC loading, since the Roku hangs right off the router. ...Jim Thompson

I'm debating even if it's (Sirius) worth it in the car. All I listen to is Fox News >:-}

...Jim Thompson

Lordy! I'm barely old enough to have _watched_ Gunsmoke in reruns, and I'm going gray!

http://www.wescottdesign.com
Reply to
Tim Wescott

Lordy? I remember ALL those radio shows ;-) ...Jim Thompson

Here are more Old Time radio shows than you'll ever want to hear:

I downloaded over 6 GB of Gunsmoke OTR for my dad from a torrent.

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

Really? Seems like I remember gun smoke on TEEEVEEE very well:) Jamie

Reply to
Jamie

I remember being stuck at a job during my university days with only AM radio to fill the quiet times. It was 1978 or 1979 and CBS radio was re-running old radio shows from the 40's and 50's. Like reading, they conjured up mental pictures and creativity that film/video and CGA effects would be hard pressed to match.

Reply to
Greegor

I didn't hear the originals, but I've heard enough now that I've hit some repeats. I have a pillow speaker and listen at night while I'm in bed. When I wake at 4, 5 or 6 I push the preset button for "Imus in the morning". When I get up I power up my FM transmitter and listen to Imus around the house on my FM radio. I suspect I'll be getting a portable internet radio before long.

I have warned those interested in AM DXing and building high end antenna systems, "don't get an internet radio" it will receive all the stations you want at anytime with no fading. I lost my interest in putting another antenna system at my home.

If you are interested in high end AM antenna systems, check out Dallas Lankfords work. The Dallas Files;

He hasn't put a lot new on the site lately, but his site has a lot to digest. The last was some hardware to help measure high intercepts in RF amplifiers. You need to ask permission to join. It is worth it. Mikek

Reply to
amdx

I was thinking of you when I posted, decided not single you out by name :-) Mikek

Reply to
amdx

Do you remember Fatima cigarettes? Mikek

Reply to
amdx

I remember the name. ...Jim Thompson

Just like the early 'Space opera' Science Fiction. :)

I am currently working my way through the collection of Fibber McGee & Molly shows. It's too bad that the old recordings are so poor.

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

I like WSM in Nashville. It's on 650 AM. There is an over modulated, poorly run swing & big band radio station on 640 AM ten miles from me. It is in a straight line, so it can't be nulled out.

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

The pictures are so much better on radio...

                                       (Richard Feynman)
Reply to
Fred Abse

,

KFYI (550 AM) makes good background noise. ;>)

Mark L. Fergerson

Reply to
alien8752

That's because there is no crappy CGI.

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

They splatter across a half MHz when they crank up the modulation, late at night. A syncronous detector might help, but I've never designed one.

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell